1. This forum is in read-only mode.

any good rpg game for ds?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Sneggz, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Sneggz

Sneggz Well-Known Member

i dont like turn based ones, they really bore me.

apparently i lost the list of rpg games from romulation i cant find it anymore
    I've played:
    all final fantasy
    devil survivor
    world ends with you
    kingdom hears 364 days
    digimon games
    pokemon games
    soma bringer
    bakugan
    witches tale
    lost magic
    children of mana
    monster rancher
    both summon magic games
    steal princess
    clubpenguin
    all mario games
    ragnorak
    atelier annie
    both drawn to life
    fossil fighters
    lego staqr wars
    all dragon quests
    rune factory
    shugo chara
    rhapsody musical adventure
    avalon code
    00 phantasy star
    elebits
    disagea
    tales of innocence
    both zelda games
    tegami devil survivor
    edit-
    well i forgot some but some of the ones you listed are played but thanks
    Rune factory 2/harvest moon i think i said that before..
    all dragon quests for ds
    luminous arc both
    yeah blue dragon...
    legacy ys 1 and 2

i like it when you get to play as a female character but anybody list some rpg games? im kinda bored now

2. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Dragon Quest IX is very very good, even though it's turn based.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Try this list.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=25676.0

4. Bro your list is pretty thorough. Have you tried the Rune Factory/Harvest Moon games?

5. paulthegreen

paulthegreen Well-Known Member

Dragon Quest IX. Already clocked 90 hours or so.

6. miracle101

miracle101 Well-Known Member

Luminous Arc I and II
    Knights in the Nightmare
    Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

7. Infinite Space...

8. madcrazy2ks

madcrazy2ks Member

All 3 tales games with english translation patches would be great for you to play. They aren't turn based, and have excellent game play. I can't even find the patched version any more thou...... so it might be difficult to find the games but give it a shot.

dragon quest is a classic turn based rpg, so if you don't like turn based you won't like it at all (yeah.... I gave my cartridge to my friend after only 5 hours, I can't handle turn based rpg either).

9. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

DQ IX
    Rune Factory 2
    Pokemon SS/HG

that's it really :p

10. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

Rune Factory 2
    Dragon Quest IX
    Sands of Destruction
    Blue Dragon : Awakened Shadow
    Suikoden Trierkreis

11. Sneggz

Sneggz Well-Known Member

thanks for the input guys~ : )

12. T-Dub

T-Dub Well-Known Member

LOL have you ever played a game called magical starsign? I've been playing that game lately.

it's a pretty alright game...granted that it's graphic are a bit...uh...dated...and the layout is...um...er... well, they're a little cartoonishly girly...not to mention the main menu theme is a tad....bubbly...I think that's the right way to put it.

the story...well, it doesn't really make that much sense to me. I think they're trying to save their teacher from a former student who now goes by master kale now...or something along the lines of that...I think I'm at the part where they're trying to go the nova planet or somethin' like that; like I said, the story's kinda nonsensical...

BUT HEY! don't get me wrong it's a pretty decent game, I really like the random battle theme...real catchy. and the battle system isn't half-bad either, tho, technically the game's IS turn-based.

In a way it's sorta plays out like pokemon. each specific character uses their own particular type of magic power; which is out drown from 5 different planets: Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, and Wood.

Each Planet-Type caster has their own strength and weakness against other Planet-type casters; like for example: Planet-caster that based their spell solely off of wood spells are strongest against caster that like to use wind type spells, however wood caster are weak against fire type casters. see, each planet basically preventing a superior type of caster; sorta like pokemon.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that are light and dark casters as well. there's a dark and light planets too, but I don't think they have beneficial effects on their casters, instead light casters are strengthen when the sun's out and visa versa for the dark casters.

light and dark magic aren't fazed by the other planets (not saying that can't be damage from them) but the other 5 element doesn't seems have a super or weak benefit affect against the two elements...however, this makes them have a mutual effect on each other; both types are strong against the other.

whew, I pretty much just explained the whole battle system to you. anyhow, you should really consider trying this game out, at least once. it's good.

13. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

When you say "all final fantasy", did you play the Crystal Chronicles games? If not, you should definitely give them a go.

14. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

i think he did,,,,

both suikoden and sand of destruction is turn-based but i still recomend it, it has great storyline,,,