1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any DSi ware worth downloading?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Abbafan1972, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Abbafan1972

Abbafan1972 Well-Known Member

I have just got a DSi XL and got the 1000 welcome points.

Are there any DSi ware games that anyone can recommend? Is the Jigsaw one any good?

Thanks in advance.

:D

2. justmeagain

justmeagain New Member

I also go my dsi xl. what a lovely machine.

With the 1000 points i bought the art academy semester 1 (800) and electronic arts Sudoku- excellent unlimited games well worth. (200).

The puzzle game is nice, I have only seen the full version that my daughter has (Full DS game).

I have my eyes on mighty flip Champs (800 points)

Other titles I would expect though I have not seen to be good are Flight Control...... I am sure there are other good titles, but it does depend on what kind of games you like to play........I love puzzle games.

Other dsiware i have bought Art Academy second semester(800), Simply Mahjong(200)

3. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

DR Mario ...but dissapointing because it doesnt have any multiplayer support. a toilette kind of game (to play it while you're on the "duty" ...)

Ofcourse, Flipnote Studio...but i dont use it for more than 8 months now... the rating system is flawed and there is rare enjoyement in looking for other animations.Too few colors. but besides that,it is fantastic if - if you;re just in a mood to draw something funny or animate it for a custom-made AVATAR ... i mean...flipnote studio cannot be beaten in this.

I heard also of a Tower defense game that is in the outer space... that should be nice.

Dragon Quest DSIWARE ... a very simple TBS Singleplayer/WiFi game. not that nice,but realy worth it

Mario Calculator... i think this one is pure awesomness ;) seriously,you have all the sounds from mario and it is a friggin calculator... since i need a calculator near me ,i think of it as a good 200pts buy.

that NOTEPAD thingy from NNNoooo ...that is realy good,but it realy isnt intended for long text.Your hand will get cramped if not positioned properly.

ART STYLE CODE <--- seriously, you must try this...it has weird sound effects (in a good way) verry moody music and it is also challenging to a certain degree

DO NOT DOWNLOAD REAL SOCCER 2009 ...it is bugged, no updates, most teams have totaly different players from the reality.I mean,instead of the team Juventus ...they've putt their players in a worthless team ! The strategy interface is completely broken... unfair challenge.You wont be able to play out any strategy whatsoever.Try and see.Dont think REAL SOCCER 2010 is better.

WARIOWARE SNAPPED works for me fine...but is boring fast. dont spend 500pts for this.

other than that,i didnt download anything else so i cant give you an advice from my first hand experience

I rather have a flashcart than a nintendo points card... no games on dsiware shelves are realy worth the value of a flashcart and its benefits (would you realy have DSIWARE before Final Fantasy IV DS,Chrono Trigger DS,Dragon Quest IV/V/VI DS ? )

i hope this helps

p.s.: Seriously, DsiWARE is pure crapware/shovelware in a package...it poorly compensates for the lacking GBA slot. Most games feel rushed and very cheap.You feel cheated in some way. It is so obviously stripped from every possible feature. Plus,they tend to release a retail game in 20 fucking pieces separately... and guess what,you will pay the same price as for the retail game.Woopie-fucking-doo !
    I despise the DSIWARE service.They lied to all of us. My first Nintendo DS system is my DSi...i hoped they would make a VC feature,since somebody mentioned it quite convincingly,years back.(someone from Nintendo) No DSI-ONLY games (no real games anyway...) ... no DSi-ENHANCED games... actualy,they scrapped the idea shortly after the launch of DSi. Fuckers!
    I boycotted DSiWare after Real Soccer 2009 and i wont ever buy anything from DSiWare ,unless prooven to be fantastic and revolutionary.

But...if you're looking for a second grade gaming experience... without any replay value... over-hyped threads in the forums of Nintendolife (complete idiots btw),go ahead and enjoy your DSiWARE experience ;)

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I enjoy Warioware Snapped. :)

The Daruma PutPut Golf is pretty good as well.

5. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

plus is should add that my grammar is usualy not as bad as in my previous post... my god,what the fuck was i drinking a few minutes ago? :)