1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any Anime advice? :))

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Dynodevil, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Dynodevil

Dynodevil Well-Known Member

Hey Hey ppl :D
    Only Anime i ever really watched were the Dragonball....DBZ and GT and digimon the first 2 series then it turned crap lol ;D So i just want to know if theres any similar or any really good Anime you guys n gals would suggest to me,,, i love all action and adventerous stuffs and willing to give others a try

Thanks in advance

Dyno 8)

2. cfiniris

cfiniris Well-Known Member

Can't go very wrong with Gundam...

3. Mugen_sake624

Mugen_sake624 New Member

I think that u should check out other genres of Anime too like the comedy, Romance and other stuff. Keep an open mind

Ones u should check out are Ranma 1/2 a classic Anime, Mahou Sensei Negima, Erementar Gerad, GTO ( Great Teacher Onizuka), Black Cat

and if ur into dark things DEATHNOTE is a really good anime.

4. Dynodevil

Dynodevil Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for your contributions i'll check them out and i've just started watching "Bleach" and off the first 3 episodes i'm hooked lol ;D

5. yagamee.light

yagamee.light Member

Hi there,

Death Note is really a good one. I liked it so much.

Here is a list of anime I'm really crazy about:

1- Black Jack: About a brilliant Doc who asks for a crazy amount of money for his merical operations.

2- Prince of Tennis: [Sport] a genius Tennis player who aims to surpass his father skills and defeat him in a game. His school team is a bunch of skilled players. (175 eps)

3- Hikaru No Go: [Sport] a boy whose life will totally change when he met Sai (a ghost). It has a quite good drama. (75 eps)

4- Devil May Cry: [Action, Horror] A devil hunter called Dante. Though I didn't play the game but found the anime interesting. It still new. (On going)

5- Detective Conan / Case Closed: [Drama/ Action] A high schooler who got invovled with a dangerous gang and got shrinked back to a child. Trying to find this gang to get back to his normal life and girlfriend, he's solving nomerous crimes. (481 eps - still on going)

6- Akagi: [Sport/Gambling] Though I'm not into gambling games like the mahjons played in this anime, I found the main character quite interesting with his crazy thought and putting himself on the edge. (25 eps - on going)

Is that enough ;D

Y.L

6. AdventGrey

AdventGrey Active Member

Death Note but I like reading it, GTO(I like the live action more), AIR will make you cry, GaoGaiGar(tears at the end of FINAL), Hikaru no Go butfor me playing it w/my friends is better

7. Commander

Commander Member

Seeing as you like action, Claymore or Blood+ both great animes with lots of violence and action.

8. thespoonybard

thespoonybard Member

Full Metal Alchemist is a good safe starting anime.

got a bit of everything in it.

each episode is filled with humor and Acton. its also very well animated.

some of the later eps. are kinda sad tho.

9. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

If you like DBZ why not try Yuu Yuu Hakusho.
    If you are searching for action + jokes try Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop(both from Sunrise Inc.)

10. interbutts

interbutts Active Member

You know, There are always those animes in threads like this, such as "OMG WATCH FMAAA"

Or "INUYASHA" Like those cliche animes. But Gundam is the ONLY ONE I'll ALWAYS agree with because it is such an amazing series. It's EVERYTHING a Giant-Robo anime should be. Especially "New Mobile Report".

"Haruhi" is a good one.
    Lucky Star" is good too. :D

11. toonboy7

toonboy7 Member

d00d, never dis "digimon' it so rocked!

I realize you don't know me, you just gotta take my word for it!

12. ishralene

ishralene New Member

Naruto! A good anime complete with all the good stuffs.
    Air gear is a good one too.
    There's a lot of good anime out there, you just have to know what you want.
    If you're going for a romantic anime, try Midori no Hibi.

13. Valkerion

Valkerion Well-Known Member

lol alot of these are super violent compared to DBZ.

I have one i want to recomend but its alil "super explcit" for our younger viewers. Lots of sex, drugs, and guns. Did i mention the guns haha, theres alot of them, oh and crazy plots that make your jaw drop in sheer O.M.G. :eek:

14. jade_wolf

jade_wolf New Member

i would recommend Black Lagoon, Full Metal Panic, and Elfen Lied

15. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

I recommand my all time favorite, Card Captor Sakura XD

anyway, you might want to look into

-Bleach
    -Please series
    -Devilman Lady
    -Mahoromatic
    -Jubei Chan (i doubt you found this...this a pretty old anime)
    -Jigoku Shojo
    -Rosen Maiden
    -Xxx Holic
    -Shakugan no Shana
    -She the Ultimate Weapon
    -Pretear
    -Chobits
    -Angelic Layer

16. PvtChurch

PvtChurch Member

The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya, (it was mentioned before, and this is the full name) it and

EVANGELION.

17. nameroc

nameroc Member

If you started Bleach, that should keep you going for a while until you get bored with the storyline. It was awesome when it started. Besides that, I second the recommendations for Naruto (esp. if you liked DB or DBZ) and Death Note. I'll also recommend Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.

18. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Naruto....

19. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Pokemon, (Maybe Naruto) but well thats mostly all I could think of. ;D

20. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Marchen Awaken Romance