1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Another R4 Pokemon Platinum Thread -.-

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by EidolonX, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EidolonX

EidolonX New Member

Basically I can save once, but not twice. I have updated 1.18 Firmware and I used the arm7 fix (downloaded my game and arm7.exe to desk top and pulled the game over arm7.exe. Then took the new copy and renamed it the original pokemon game file name because last time I tried arm7 fix it corrupted the file to where it didn't read. I delete any original game files from my flash card and put the new arm7 fixed file onto my flash card) and it doesn't seem to help.

Any further advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

2. ~7Vath~

~7Vath~ Well-Known Member

why do you need to patch platinum in the first place???

if this is what you mean:
    when u run a rom for the first time it asks you if you want to create a .sav file or not. if you pressed "OK(A)" the file will be created, then save as normally you would ingame, when you run it again, since it is already created you dont need to make a new one...

3. EidolonX

EidolonX New Member

The same problem that a lot of others have. You can save one time within the game, but if you try to save again and then turn the game off. Then restart the game it doesn't recognise the save and you can only start from the original first save.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You will be able to play through the game, for a "while", until the save files require data more than 512k. I'd recommend you switch to YSMenu, even then you'd probably need the updated .dat.

5. EidolonX

EidolonX New Member

Doesn't matter at this point. It can be 4 hrs into the game or the first 5 minutes. Two saves in a row and the 2nd doesn't record.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Try patching with a different ARM7 binary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.