1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Another PS2 Question(s)...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doughboy, Jan 9, 2011.

1. doughboy

doughboy Guest

So I am buying a flash drive, but the flash drive's port connection looks weird (I believe it's hong kong designed or something)
    Will it work on my computer?
    Also, I am planning to use it on my PS2 which I am going to buy...
    Will it work on that, and if so, what is the flash drive max capacity (minimum) when using, elf and other things such as USB extreme etc?
    [​IMG]

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it will work but it might be a bit fragile.

3. doughboy

doughboy Guest

thanks, happen to know anything about the PS2 part of the question...

4. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

What's the size of the flash drive?

5. doughboy

doughboy Guest

I can either buy a 2,8,16GB's but would really like to buy the 16GB...
    edit:
    scratch that 2,16GB only...buying off eBay...can't seem to find it anywhere else...
    iRiver Domino it's called...
    Post Merge: [time]1294600172[/time]
    Raysie please help.... :(
    Also if I buy it can I boot Emulators & stuff off of it?

6. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

All I know is that the PS2 can be picky with flash drives; for example every sandisk works but ever kingston does not.

Also the drive must be formatted to FAT (AKA FAT16) or FAT32 to be recognized.

7. doughboy

doughboy Guest

yeah... right now i just wish to know the maximum capacity it can handle/support (if it worked) and how am i able to play snes & nes games off of it.
    I realize you can burn the games too, but thinking the usb can be used for that (i kinda think its a waste of a dvd, since i will most likely want to update the list)

8. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

as long as your ps2 likes the brand, it'll take any usb flash stick up to 32 GB, and any usb portable hard drive (formatted to FAT32) in...what was it? Probly about 32 gb partitions, maybe more, maybe less.

For S/NES games, get FCEU PS2 (http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachments/f176/13669d1210679585-fceultra-ps2-packed_fceu-zip) and follow this thread here for the NEW SNES emu for ps2 that's gonna be released in a few days! It POWNS the fail that is SNESSTATION.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f176/snes9x-ps2-58208/index104.html

Pretty much, you run the elf files with ulaunchelf and put your roms anywhere on the stick.

9. doughboy

doughboy Guest

thanks dude, will try.