1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Another Earthquake! This time in Indonesia

Discussion in 'General News' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Damn it, another quake :(

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04/06/major-earthquake-strikes-sumatra-indonesia/

Calvin_0 & the rest of RomUlation's Indonesian members, how are things at your end? Hope you guys are OK.

2. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

2012 is two years off, I suppose.

3. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Great. Spent my life at school.

4. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

calvin? are you still there? i hope you are

5. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does Earth have more frequent earthquakes than usual?

6. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

Earth has gone to hell!

its the end of the world i tell yea

7. sonic_fan_num_1

sonic_fan_num_1 Well-Known Member

Terrible news, really. There was an earthquake over here in California this past Sunday and it was insane. I've never felt dizzy in an earthquake before or have gotten a major headache, but when it struck, it was one of the worst feelings I've ever experienced. I hope everyone is okay and that there's not a lot of damage.

8. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Or maybe simply changing its shape.

9. bhatooth

theyre just getting bigger

10. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

thanks for everyone's concern..... but i'm not from indonesia but in the middle of malaysia..... technically even if it cause a tidal wave, i'll still be safe.

maybe Gaia is piss off at us >.>

11. bhatooth

its time for pangea!!!

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I thought you once said Indonesia, oh well my mistake. Sorry :(

Anyway:

Let's not spark another debate about the "2012 Doomsday" prediction as we can only say if it would be true when we cross that river. But, let me just say that there is something going on with our planet & perhaps this is the real answer:

It was said in the news that after the earthquakes in Chile, the city at the focal point or epicenter of the quake moved several feet from it's original site, so yeah maybe the planet's just reconfiguring itself.

Let's just be thankful it's not one abrupt massive tectonic shift where the planet reconfigures itself quickly & in a very destructive manner that life on Earth might get wiped off because of it.

13. ChimpChompa

ChimpChompa New Member

It seems that way, but it's just cause the news reports more on it, now if they reported more on how much people eat noodles then you would notice that people eat a lot of noodles. Or if I put it in a different way, if the news reports a lot about people Text messaging while Driving then you see more people Text-n-Drive when you are out and about, but in reality it's the same number just that you didn't notice them before.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Most earthquakes are not newsworthy. Case in point the one in Mexicali last week, the report mentioned that the region had been experiencing 3.0s all week. As our Mexican friend Patton said, Mexicali is always having earthquakes. The media just dont take any interest until its a big one like the 7.2 last week.

I think there's been an increase in big earthquakes lately, but thats a cyclical thing that happens every so many years.

15. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

I think earth has the same number of earthquakes, but just that it's near like USA or something everyone has to make a big deal 'bout it.
    If an earthquake happened where eskimos live, no one would care.

16. Ultimatefuffin

Ultimatefuffin Active Member

Yeah a polar shift would be bad. very, very bad.

17. Loonylion

if you mean the poles swapping, it really wouldnt make that much difference. Everyone would have to buy new GPS units and relearn how to read maps, but thats about it.

18. Ultimatefuffin

Ultimatefuffin Active Member

well there is a theory that it would happen instantly and that all life would be wiped out

19. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake#Size_and_frequency_of_occurrence
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale#Richter_magnitudes
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

'Tis all normal.

20. Loonylion

It would happen instantly, and the only affect on life it would have is a lot of inconvenience. People and animals would get lost a lot more but other than being annoying it wouldnt do any harm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.