1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Annoyer tactics?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by treec_cynda, Jan 8, 2011.

1. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

I've heard about this crazy Pokemon called an "annoyer." I want to know what these can be, and what to do with them.

Thanks for answers.

2. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

umm.. i have seen a few setups that can make you want to disconnect from the person your fighting, but i couldn't tell you since its been awhile :(

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

A Wobbuffet.

4. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

An annoyer has something like Toxic, Double Team, Rest w/ a berry that will recover from sleep, and Baton Pass as a moveset. Toxic will piss off your opponent and most likely make them switch out. Double Team will piss them off even more, and using Baton Pass after maxing out evasiveness can pass that stat over to the next Pokemon (I think). And Rest is if you need to recover full HP.

5. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

there are tons of annoyers, the above is one bar that double team is forbidden int he run of the mill metagame.

6. ADMSeraphes

ADMSeraphes Well-Known Member

Someone who uses a switch-out-damage move (like Toxic Spikes, Spikes, etc.), then spams Roar.

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Paraconfuse and Paraflinch are also in that list.

And I bet someone saw my post about the Annoyers and that is why they're asking now.

8. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

But its a valid strategy D:

9. insanecrazy07

For the record, anything that heightens or lowers evasion or accuracy are banned from standard play.
    This includes all abilities, moves, and items, except for Sand Veil.

Also, anything that is largely based on luck (like OHKO moves such as Horn Drill) are banned from standard play as well.

The reasoning behind it is that the metagame should be based off of skill and strategy, not sheer luck.
    Yeah, we could sit there and spam Double Team until that's maxed out, but your opponent can do the same, and you'll most likely drag out what would normally be a 5-10 minute battle and make it unnecessarily long.

Not to mention every moveset will have to have some sort of 100% accuracy move like Swift...
    Talk about ruining the metagame...

10. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I actually didn't know that, I haven't gotten on WIFI in a while.

11. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

XD aww the poor kids get mad at certain things so they ban them

Same thing with the little whiny yu-gi-oh players who whine until cards get banned.

12. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

i've recently started to doubt smogon judgement on the tiers, salamance out of the OU? for me a dragon lover salamance was one of my first chocies now i need to set with flygon, which is vastly inferior, garchomp who used to be awesome in OU is uber because OMG yahce berry=OHKO

13. insanecrazy07

Well, there goes my OU team...
    I had my team built around Salamence.

14. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

[quote author=Duncan Idaho]
    I've recently started to doubt Smogon's judgement on the tiers. Salamance out of the OU? For me, a dragon lover, Salamance was one of my first choices. Now I need to set with Flygon, which is vastly inferior, Garchomp who used to be awesome in OU is uber because OMG Yahce Berry=OHKO
    [/quote]
    Fact: Salamence never belonged in OU in the first place.