1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anime Suggestions and Reviews

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by protolan, Jan 1, 2008.

1. protolan

protolan Member

I know there are thousands of sites with anime suggestions, but generally people give me better suggestions. So are there any good anime you guys would suggest? Here are some that I watched and what I thought of them.

Naruto: pretty good story and plot. Hated the 85 filler stuff and love the manga.

Bleach: Nice action, although follows the same gist as DBZ: fight new enemy get stronger, nearly die and repeat

D. Grayman: Really good graphics and story, I love it.

One Piece: Neh, not too bad, about on par with Naruto. I find it funny.

The Melochany of Haruhi Suzumia: A comic relief show. I found it entertaining.

Neo Genesis Evangelion: It starts good but the ending will give you seizures. Don't recommend it.

History's Strongest Disicple Kenichi: I'm still watching it... More of a comic relief type show. Some action but nothing serious.

So now that you have an idea of what I like, any suggestions?

2. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

Black Cats(semi-short series 23 eps)
    Elfen Lied(don't watch it unless you like ecchi...it has a good story but at cirten points...its slightly resembles a hentai movie)(11 eps)
    Death Note(good stuff very serous)(42 eps?)
    Full metal alchemist(yet agian serous stuff)(52 eps)
    Full metal panic(MECH BATTLES GALORE!!! it my oppion 10X better than any gundam show)(20-something eps)
    Full Metal Panic Fumoffu!(Less mech battles but by far the funniest anime I have ever seen much more light hearted than the original series).(16 eps)
    I'd recommend the 3rd part of FMP but I didn't like that as much as the first 2.
    Basically I just recommend what I liked because we seem to have similar taste in anime so sorry if you didnt like some of these.

3. protolan

protolan Member

Lol, thanks for the help but anthing from Death Note and Down, I already watched, so yeah, add those to the list above. But thanks for the thought!

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

How about "Ghost Hunt"? have watched that already the story's kinda like the american show "ghost whisperer" & "Supernatural".

There's this group of teens 2 of them have a sort of psychic sensitivity & another a medium, solve mysteries sorrounding crimes with a supernatural (ghostly) nature.

5. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

>.> still watch blacks cats and also add ninja scroll to the list.
    Its a olde but but a good one.

6. dilong26

dilong26 New Member

mi favs are:
    Bartender
    Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto
    D.Gray-man
    Innocent Venus

7. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

how about some real stuff from manga.

guyver (original not new) awsome

street fighter series and films, all awsome but all the films story history is different from each other

vampire hunter d and vampire hunter d blood lust

best of all (drum roll)
    ghost in the shell sac1 sac2 and the films totaly awsome

but then again i have never been disapointed by something that manga have released if it has this on the box it will be good [​IMG]

the best are the ones are the old school videos not new ones

8. equitypetey

and shadow skill movie and OVA's can't coment on the series as not seen yet even tho i got it.

oh and i think one of my all time favorites has got to be battle angel alita

9. Commander

Commander Member

What sort of anime are you interested in Action etc?

Heres a list tha I would reccommend to anyone:

• BECK
    • Black Lagoon
    • Busou Renkin
    • Claymore
    • Eureka Seven
    • Grenedier
    • Heroic Age
    • Kiba
    • Pumpkin Scissors
    • Seirei No Moribito

Well I hope you find some animes you like in this list. Want anymore suggestions just ask.

~ Commander

10. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

here is my recommandation

Voilent and action
    -Elfen Lied
    -Devilman Lady
    -Burst Angel
    -Bleach
    -Angelic Layer

Romance and comedy
    -I'S
    -Chobits
    -Card Captor Sakura
    -The Magic User Club
    -Mahoromatic
    -Ah My Goddess
    -Video Girl Ai
    -Hanaukyo Maid-Tai
    -Hand Maid Mai
    -Happy Lesson
    -Onegai Teacher
    -Onegai Twins
    -Pita Ten

Deep and Serious
    -Shakugan no Shana
    -Ghost in the Shell
    -.hack
    -She, The Ultimate Weapon
    -Gunslinger Girls
    -3x3 Eyes
    -Death Note

take a look at my anime collection ^_^

11. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Bleach and Naruto are my favorite.. they are surely action-filled.

12. err

err Well-Known Member

My absolute favorite anime is Strawberry Panic. I think it has a great story and it looks really good too. It's a romance, but I think it's
    really good. Shakugan no Shana is also a favorite of mine.

13. conjy

conjy Well-Known Member

I would try to avoid Naruto and Bleach unless your going to read the manga. The animes' isn't at its heights right now as it seems to go round in circles. I only watch Bleach and Naruto for certain fights.
    I would suggest short-ish ones, such as Death Note, Fate/Stay Night, Claymore, etc.

14. equitypetey

seriously stop listening to them about bleach and all the new crap. its good but its got nothing on old school anime like the realy rare stuff that only ever came out on video. i know that sounds stupid because they're realy hard to get hold of but not is all lost some have now been relesed to the world on dvd but something better. alot have now been put on dvd in japan and you can now get import only which means TA DA pirates have uploaded them to torrent sites. please please watch some anime that was made around the 90's and just like me you'll think that every thing every one else have listed is a bit lacking in something, it just doesn't have the feel of old scool anime. also take my advise that single movies and/or OVA's are alot better than long series as they have more action/story packed in rather than a weak story at best spred over 20 or more episodes.

15. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Shakugan no Shana-TAN.
    More of a fun short special of Shakugan no Shana-> but a bit off the normal path (little hentai there [but no nude or sth])