1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Android Phone Emulation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by King Rincer, Mar 1, 2010.

1. King Rincer

King Rincer Member

Hi,

I hear you can get GBA emulators for android phones. Can anyone pint me in the right direction for a good one?

also what are the chances of DS games being emulated on android? i'm getting one with a 1ghz processer is that powerfull enough in theory?

What about other systems emulated on there?

Thanks

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ds emulation?

I don't think any phone could, and there isn't any word of an emulator...so no.

For gba...I doubt it, standard phones have gb/gbc emualtion, but no...gba emulation.

I hope someone in the know comes along though-while the phone your getting sounds decent, emulators for phones are rare.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Hypnos Android is an OS. More than just phones can run it. The Nexus One phone for instance has Qualcomm QSD 8250 1 GHz processor, which is far, far, far more powerful than even the DS.

GBA emulation should be very easy to do and DS emulation possible if the emulator is well enough written.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The possibilities of a handheld like that is astronomical if the right programmers can get emulators working for it, then you'd be in luck!

There MUST be a GBA emulator for the Android...it's way too powerful to not have one.

I read some places that there are emulators, but apparently you have to search for them on the android market...not sure...I want an android though! :)

5. luvelias

luvelias Well-Known Member

I youtubed emulators for android and found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g6gsPFoAlU for gba. its 3.99 though.

6. King Rincer

King Rincer Member

Yeah i saw that "gameboid" one. that does seem the only one. The guy who made that seems to have emulated all the nintendo and some sega systems. http://www.cyrket.com/search?market=android&account=yongzh

I think this new "snapdragon" Qualcomm QSD 8250 1 GHz processor as mentioned by seph is very exciting for emulation fans. LG have just announced another phone with it too although i dont think that is android. The Nexus one and the HTC desire are the obvious ones.

In my searches on this topic i did read that the DS had 2 processors and was therefore quite hard to emulate does that soud right to you guys?

7. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

From what I gathered in my time lurking in an IRC channel with a few intelligent developers (not #romulation, for the record), that's about right. The touchscreen didn't help.

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

They are both not very powerful. It does mean different instruction sets, though.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

..so that's why my friends laugh at me...

I just assumed the android was a phone type :(

I'll take my leave.

10. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

Android is better than the appstore concerning 3rd party developers. Android ftw