1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Android/iPhone/other smartphone games

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by icehawk78, Feb 10, 2010.

1. icehawk78

icehawk78 New Member

Read the dead-end topics, so I'm aware that this could potentially be covered under the "no, we won't add new console x just cause you asked".

Still, can't hurt to ask, right?

More and more people are getting (and making) games for newer smartphones, and there's nowhere around that I know of like Romulation to be able to download them. Sizes are usually smaller than the average DS game, and usually just as easy to install on your phone (on a Droid, at least, it's a simple .apk file that gets sent to your phone and installed).

Could be considered a "new console", and if so, I'm mostly curious whether there's even a remote possibility of this, ever.

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure I want to cover these systems to be honest. To me it feels like they fall somewhat outside of emulation.

Also the fact that I have no idea where to actually get these files, feels a bit like trying to play with the big guys without really knowing anything about it.

3. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

lol, all of the ipod apps are basically linked on apptrackr, hosted on a bunch of other sites, but I see no way one would be able to utilize or install these files or apps outside of installous/whatever, so onsite hosting on RomU is out of the question.
    Same goes for phones. Too much hassle having to rely on what could be broken to begin with.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Plus it would mean we'd get more people asking "how to use" these...

We already have people dumb enough to ask how to make ps1 games work on an r4, so these will only confuse those more who think this site only does ds games :p

5. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

be glad they're not asking us why dealextreme stopped carrying flash carts XD

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Please stop insulting users and post things relevant to the topic.