1. This forum is in read-only mode.

And there was one.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loonylion, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Recently I received notification that one of my adopted lionesses has died. She was 19 and suffered with epilepsy, which became unmanageable and her carers decided that it was kinder to put her to sleep.

[​IMG]

she's the one at the back.

RIP Ma Juah

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

My sympathy for your loss.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Poor thing...

:'(

4. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

Thats sad :( my condelences and best wishes for the other one.

5. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

Sorry for your loss. 😜

6. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

Aww RIP
    How old was she when you adopted her?

7. Loonylion

around 9 I believe.

8. jackass@lala

jackass@lala Well-Known Member

lion= king of the jungle

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Actually Tigers ARE the kings of the Jungle as lions rule over the Savannah. Lions were only given the Honorarium title of king because the male Lion's mane makes them look like they are wearing a kingly robe.

Also, in a fight a Tiger can overpower a Lion because Tigers are the bigger species.

10. Blazemax

"In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight." Man i love that song. Either way, im sure nobody wants to be in the same location with a large wild cat.

11. Loonylion

actually it can go either way, there's been records of tigers being cornered by lions and submitting. The two species should never meet though.

I have been, there was nothing frightening about it at all. its a matter of respect, don't disturb or provoke them and they'll usually leave you alone.

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

As "Dr. Stephen Marshall", a character on the movie "The Gods Must be Crazy II", said:

"If you don't bother them they won't bother you".

And never smile (showing your teeth) at wildlife as well as that is seen as a form of provocation.

13. Blazemax

let me rephase that. Being with a "hungry" large feline "in the wild". Just cause "you" leave it alone, doesnt necessary mean "it" will leave you alone.

14. Loonylion

actually depends on the species. A hungry tiger might well go for a human, I'm not familiar enough with them to know. lions wouldn't eat humans by choice, they contain too much water, too much salt and there isn't enough meat., I'd imagine it would be similar for a tiger. Leopards are unlikely to attack a human.

15. Blazemax

I know i used the term "hungry". When any animal is "hungry", it will eat anything to survive. Even worse is the "Territorial" predator. You step in the wrong place, and....