1. This forum is in read-only mode.

anandjones Portfolio

Discussion in 'Portfolios' started by anandjones, Feb 7, 2008.

1. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Hi guys this is some of my work. I'm a major noob so my pictures suck compared to other people's work. Tell me what to work on etc. These signatures are really basic. My text on no.2 is hard to read because I can't find any colour that will stand out in that background. And I tried adding some fire effect to the text in no.1. Will add more soon... Anyways, feel free to comment, criticize etc ;D ;D ;D :'( :'( :'(

No.1
    [​IMG]

No.2
    [​IMG]

No.3
    [​IMG]

No.4
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

That first one is Nice!
    Although the second is some what wide (the ichigo doesn't fit in the picture very well)

And Borders...

Still I like the first one good back-person combination (oh god i am so not good at english)

3. anandjones

Yeah I thought the 1st was nice too and the second one is a bit stretched. I might add borders to them soon.

4. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Your backgrounds are pretty good...

The sigs are a bit too big though....

Overall, the first one is good....
    The image in the second one doesn't look like it's scaled properly...and the text is hard to read

These are pretty good for first attempts though...

5. anandjones

What? The sigs are a bit bigger than the one I have on now. And the Hollow in the second one had to be stretched, it was too skinny and I guess I stretched it too much. And it's hard to read since like no colours can stand out in that crazy background.

6. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

If its PS we are talking about than rightclick on youre text layer and use the blending option Outer glow .... for example that is.

7. iamlegend

Overcoming these problems is what will make us better....

An image that is out of proportion is pointless in my opinion....
    And if you can't read the text...then it's also pointless....agree ?

8. anandjones

Okay calm yourself. I actually used GIMP and Paint.net to make these signatures.

9. iamlegend

I don't know what gives you the impression that i'm not calm...
    You used GIMP and Paint.net ?
    Did you do the backgrounds in Paint.net ?

10. anandjones

Nah, I did the background with GIMP, I just used Paint.net for some other stuff. And I was just kidding about calming yourself ;D

11. iamlegend

What did you use Paint.net for that you couldn't use GIMP ?
    I'm not familiar with it...

12. anandjones

Just some bits and pieces, like certain stuff I could do better on Paint.net than GIMP. Strange huh?

13. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Constrain proportions! Most programs give you an option to do so when you resize, and if you're doing it manually it's a trend to hold shift to do so. Doing this will keep the correct aspect ratio so that your image won't look stretched.

14. anandjones

Okay thanks for the tip, I tried it and it does keep it not too stretched, not too skinny. Thanks again.

15. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Number 3 looks cool man!