1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AN M3 Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by The_RS, Dec 24, 2010.

1. The_RS

The_RS New Member

I seem to have trouble with my M3 DS Real, being a model I got from a friend a couple of years ago. In the start, it was really awesome. But within the last year, it has a really hard time playing new games for a bizarre reason. First off, yes, I do update the firmware on it; I hope I wouldn't be that stupid, but maybe I'm doing something even more obviously wrong.

Anyway, here's the deal. Whenever I try playing a new game on my M3, it is completely unable to properly create a save file. Yet, if I ask for a save file from one of my friends and load it up in its place, the thing works like a charm. I've tried reading through some of the guides and tutorials here for a while to see if I can find the problem myself, but either it isn't there, I overlooked it, or my dyslexia is not letting me process it into my head properly even if I did see it.

So, is there any way for me to fix this problem? Or is it possibly some anti-piracy thing in the games I happen to play?

2. Arlock41

Arlock41 Member

Try upgrading your firmware.

3. tsubakix2

tsubakix2 Well-Known Member

I would try reformatting your micro sd. That sounds really odd, considering your friend's saves are working. @-@

These carts in general can be so odd sometimes, but yeah. If the games were AP locked, I don't think his saves would be working- so I am guessing something with the micro SD or some such thing.

4. verack

verack Active Member

Besides the basic TouchPod/Sakura, you can also use Wood for M3 and YSMenu for M3. Back when I had a M3Real, I preferred both of them over the stock firmware, due to better compatibility. I never had the problem you're having back when I had an M3Real, but you could give WoodM3 or YSM3 a try to see if they work.

Wood 1.20 for M3(courtesy of Gaboros/YWG@ GBATemp): http://filetrip.net/f23368-Wood-R4-for-M3-1-20b.html

YSMenu 6.43 for M3 (courtesy of Gaboros/RetroGameFan@GBATemp): http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=23367

Just drag and drop the files onto your SD card (and ignore the System folders if you want to keep TouchPod too, as you can have all 3 firmwares at once), and when you want to use Wood or YSMenu, just launch the .nds files that came with the package.