1. This forum is in read-only mode.

an issue i'm having with all emulators T_T

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tomoka, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I have tried the following emulators..

VBA
    No$GBA
    EPSXE
    Project64
    Mupen64
    KBG(gameboy EMU)

and just about every other emulator i've cared to try...now here's the issue, no matter which emulator i run, and i've always had this issue..my mouse/pointer disappears, and i can't do anything unless i open task manager(CTRL+ALT+DELETE), and close the process by going through to it with the arrow keys, and closing it cuz i have no mouse...and during this time, i have attempted to play the game, and my keyboard isn't being recognized either. T_T so i have no clue what my issue could be...any help would be great :)

i got an Intel Core 2 Duo T6000 2.20GHZ processor,
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator chipset....
    and lotsa RAM :p

it hasn't exactly "ALWAYS" been like this, just for like the last 4 months T_T i've tried everything i can think of, used every plug-in in each of the emulators, still no luck..and i doubt it's my drivers, cuz they never get updated T_T

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Have you considered a system restore to a date before the issues started?

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

well...that's not possible because i've formatted like 8 times since then >.>

i install the same drivers that used to always work and everything T_T

4. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

im betting no others work for you. right.

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

correct, it's like a load a game, and all controls from mouse pad-wireless mouse-internet connectivity-keyboard fails T_T

and i can only use controls on the keyboard like CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and the d pads, and enter..all else fails T_T

6. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Perhaps you turned on a "lock the mouse" option by accident? This is the default in 1964 (and for some input plugins of project64) and produces the exact symptoms you described.

But Idunno about the others. EPSXE goes fullscreen by default so ya, you're supposed to hit ESC to get out of it, but VBA should NOT be doing that, or the others, unless you flipped the wrong switch by accident.

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i actually tried to run EPSXE in windowed mode because full screen is to hard to change settings to get it to work, and plus, i couldn't get outta full screen when everything locked up -.-"