1. This forum is in read-only mode.

An error has occurred.

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Squidleet, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Squidleet

Squidleet Member

Okay, I'm going to start off with an apology, I'm sure I could find an answer to my problem if I looked a bit harder, but I'm tired of trying different versions of the same thing and nothing quite working proper.

I am using a 3DS, and I have a R4i 3DS. I have a 16g sd card, formatted to fat32, and Wood v1.49. < (Actually maybe the 1.59 mentioned a page or two back on this forum? I downloaded it and put it on my cart, so I assume it is in fact 1.59)

Every time I try to select the game to play, it says "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details."

It loads perfectly fine on my DSlite.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll try to keep an eye on this while I'm at work to answer any questions that might pop up in order to help out my problem.

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

What card do you have? There are many cards with the R4i 3DS label.
    Please post a picture and the website that is written on your card.

3. HOPEICAN

HOPEICAN Active Member

also make sure you downloaded and are you using the right wood 1.49

check to see which one you downloaded as there is a r4i wood 1.49 and the regular r4 1.49 download

4. Squidleet

Squidleet Member

Is there a way to check which Wood I am using without access to my laptop? Just as a manner of speeding up the process of elimination so I can try to fix this when I get home.

The url on the card is r4ids.cn and here is a photo. i50.tinypic.com/j998pt.jpg

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Good news! Your card is officially supported by Wood. Please follow the instructions below to fix your card.

1. Download this. And then this. And then this.
    2. After that, format your card with the formatter that you downloaded.
    3. Then copy the kernel you downloaded (extract it first).
    4. And then copy the .nds file (in the patch archive)
    5. Put it in your DSLite.
    6. Run the .nds file.
    7. Go back to the computer, delete the .nds file and copy your games to the root of the card in a folder called 'Games'
    8. Put it in your 3DS.

6. Squidleet

Squidleet Member

I'm afraid your first and third link aren't opening for me :c

7. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Will fix. Give me a moment.

Go here, and download the 1st and third files.

8. Squidleet

Squidleet Member

Okay, well, I did everything as instructed and tried to run the nds file, but it says my card check is failed :c

9. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Wierd...
    Try downloading the second file instead of the third and re-do the process.

10. HOPEICAN

HOPEICAN Active Member

Using the DSL you would have to pull the cart out after selecting Card Check and put it back in before pressing A to start the upgrade.

I have a question for Aeither about the SD Formatter. I just downloaded it myself and never used it. What settings are best to format. There is the Quick, Full Erase, and Full Overwrite options to format which should we use. Also do we want the FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT On or Off?

11. Squidleet

Squidleet Member

Welp, I am still having no luck getting it to play on my 3DS. Working perfectly fine with my DSL, and I would just shut up and deal with it, but the screen is so tough on it.

I am going to bed and I'm not going to deal with it for a good eight or so hours.

Regarding the update, the DSL file only leads to an endless loading screen, while the DSi file will open and update. And with the special file, as mentioned before, it fails the card check.

I think I'm entirely too blond to be doing this. I'm clearly missing something =/

12. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I suggest using the 'Full Erase' option.
    That deletes everything off your SD quickly and securely. The 'Full Overwrite' option is a waste of time.
    And you want the size adjustment off.

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

full overwrite prevents data being recovered from the media, so it has its uses

14. HOPEICAN

HOPEICAN Active Member

Thanks and hope OP gets it working.

OP should try using the NDSL patch to do the update and make sure to pop card out and put it back in before pressing B or A. If OP is pressing B or A to do the check or update, BEFORE taking out card, there is a FAIL. But if you take card out and put it back in and press B again it should come up fine then just press A to do the upgrade.

15. Squidleet

Squidleet Member

Guys I want to thank you so much.

HOPEICAN, I finally got it thanks to your tip.

Thanks again to everyone for providing links, and tips, and for letting me take up your time. I really really appreciate it.