1. This forum is in read-only mode.

An error has occured...

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by XOweX, Aug 2, 2011.

1. XOweX

XOweX New Member

So i got my dsi XL a few days ago along with my acekard 2i and i have been trying to be able to play roms.

I followed instructions on youtube on how to update the firmware on my acekard 2i to 1.4.1 (my dsi was 1.4.1E). So i downloaded the firmware, installed it...

Then i was supposed to update my dsi with the update in the system options... My ds went to 1.4.3E. /sigh

I decided to try to download some games and see if it works and if it didnt try to update my acekard to 1.4.3, so i put my sd micro card in the usb adapter and began transfering some games from my computer into my "games" file in the root folder.
    Suddenly my computer tells me "no valid location" at 5% (or something like that) and now my computer cant find the sd micro card. (SanDisk 4GB).
    I decided to put the sd micro card back in the acekard, then into the dsi and see if it worked, "an error has occurred....." when i try to access it.

so my questions are:
    1. Can i update my acekard 2i to latest version even if my dsi XL is 1.4.3 before it? (read that you cant somewhere)
    2. Is my sdcard broken? can it break from these things? (im not violent with it in any way)
    (My computer is Windows 7, ive downloaded games to the ds and tried the get em to work before i decided to update firmware but got freezes and black/white screens, thats why i decided to firmware update)

Any help is appreciated!

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

2. linkfan551

linkfan551 Well-Known Member

1. Can i update my acekard 2i to latest version even if my dsi XL is 1.4.3 before it? (read that you cant somewhere): No. There isn't even an AK2i 1.4.3 update yet, and if there was, you would need a DS Lite or Phat at this point to update it anyways.

2. Is my sdcard broken? can it break from these things? (im not violent with it in any way): SDcards can be cheap. Could it have been a fake card? Maybe. However, you can try and format it with Panasonic SD formatter. If it can't see it at all, before you get a new one, if you have a smartphone, put it in there and see if you can format it with that. Otherwise, time for a new MicroSD.

3. pjmorie

pjmorie Member

There has been an Acekard 2i 1.4.3 update out for the past few weeks but it doesn't work with cards which have a HW ID 44. These were an older batch of cards so if you got your's recently it should be OK but you still need a DSi not on 1.4.3 or a DS Lite/Phat to perform the update.
    http://filetrip.net/f25710-Acekard-fix-file-for-DSi-v1-4-3-and-3DS-v2-1-0-3-v2-1-0-4.html

4. XOweX

XOweX New Member

ok sounds good, i have a friend that got an older ds lite. but hes abit worried that it can affect his ds, so can someone just confirm that updating the firmware on my chip wont/cant affect his ds? :p

5. Abbafan1972

Abbafan1972 Well-Known Member

don't worry, it will be fine. I have used my kids' DS's to update cards before (I don't update the firmware on theirs, because there's no need to) and there's been no problems. Make sure the console is fully charged or have the charger cable handy, as it may instruct you to plug it into the wall.