1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ammo Shortage

Discussion in 'General News' started by damanali, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090923/ap_on_re_us/us_ammo_shortage

Do they still make bullets by hand or they use machines? And even here, A-class bullets really soared up in prices. Back then i unloaded the hold box, now i get to share it... no fun.

What i dont get is, why did it had the trend to buy more guns when a democrat is in power?

2. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

You know what I think is so fucking hilarious regarding this article? People are worried that their own guns and rifles would be stripped due to some horrendous piece of legislation that would somehow limit or ban guns, but what do those people do? They buy ammo and then go somewhere to fire their weapons (and waste their ammunition) for their own entertainment.

Look, if you want to go waste your bullets at your own expense, that's fine, but don't start bitching about ammunition shortage. Especially if you find yourself in a situation that you need to defend yourself against an angry mob at your door (yeah, it's far fetched, who cares*), but you have no ammunition to load your rifle with since you wasted it all on hunting, you have no one else to blame for your stupidity but yourself only.

* This far fetched situation was used by hardcore "pro gunners" to keep assault weapons they own.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I don't even really need to read this-in australia it's outlawed-period.

Sure we have less means to defend ourselves-but thanks to this rule it means less deaths than now-which while not as much as other countries-it's still a bit :(

I'd live to see the day when all forms of guns are banned-keep them to the games-get rid of the real ones.

4. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

they need to ban guns anyway, it's not a good idea to give media scared idiots guns.
    they need to, Americans just shoot each other they just can't handle the responsibility of a gun.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I've never shot anyone... and I own three rifles and a shotgun.

I personally don't see any reason for handguns to be owned by civilians, but rifles and shotguns serve a purpose.

6. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Yeah, gotta be ready for that zombie infestation.

7. damanali

And thats what i was thinking when i posted this thread! hm... maybe their is a shortage because somebody from racoon city/ a survivor has been spreading bullets around town again!

But seriously, more ammo production means more business. and thats good for the economy

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I thought part of the US recession was due to the war economy.

9. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

What?

Yeah, and the US military gets first priority when it comes to ammo production with limited raw materials. Not common people like you.

10. damanali

good thing there is a ammo shortage, i wouldnt want to waste it on someone. ^..^

but its better to waste it on someone ^..^ than on the range.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

So.. What's the point of having a gun?

I don't think self defense is a good reason because you never hear that so and so defended themselves with a gun. I mean, the last story was that guy defending himself with a sword.

I never really understood the point in having it besides hunting or for fun (for a couple of minutes I guess)

12. tehuber1337

Yeah, it's totally better to kill someone than to relieve anger in a non-destructive yet empowering way.

13. damanali

yes, thats why they invented the gun in the first place, right? if something was made to protect someone, they should have invented a better armor than a destructive gun.

14. tehuber1337

The atomic bomb was invented to kill people too, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to use it.

"Protection" is just an excuse.

15. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Looks like that you're flip-flopping here, Damanali. First, you appear to be upset about ammo shortage (for your belief that it's because a Democrat is in power), and now, you say it's GOOD that there is ammo shortage. Where exactly do you stand on this, Damanali? Do you have a certain position on this, or are you trying to appease all of us by flip-flopping on your view of this issue?

And just in case I wasn't clear to you Damanali, I advocate using guns with common sense. That is, you don't touch your gun and shoot something, unless you really have to, which should only be when your life is absolutely in danger.

You should have your guns revoked. Seriously. People that have that kind of mentality are dangerous individuals.

You seem to forget that it is illegal for common people to own bulletproof armor unless you are in the military or the police force. In which you are only allowed to wear while you are on duty.

You live in a pipe-dream world. Guns get smuggled in within the general population, so your dream, sorry to say, is an unrealistic one. Guns will exist throughout the world, especially in countries that have military force.

And don't even go into the concept of de-militarization, because that too is unrealistic and will never happen.

I have a gun that is sitting in a locked cabinet along with a stash of bullets. I have never had to bring it out of the cabinet. Not even ONCE except to do annual cleaning and maintenance.

Same goes with you, Equitypetey. Your idea of banning guns is unrealistic. Guns will find their way into the hands of a crazy nutcase that seeks out for it, gun ban or not. Also, case in point, how do you deal with pirates along the coast of Africa that hijack ships? Especially given the fact that no law reaches or governs them?

16. damanali

hm,,, you know hypr, what is your problem? i didnt invite you to post in my thread so if you have a problem, shut it or go to court and sue me. where is the upset statement? no fun? i doubt i'm appeasing anybody with that cause this is not something to be won. Its news, period.

you are just starting a flame, no doubt about it. you just waste your post count on me just to argue with me in whatever i say which is a deliberate attack. This is not a debate, it is World news. Meaning, its news that is not in my country.

I can post here news, and you can post your opinion on the news, not my point of view.

17. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

You're exaggerating your case against me when I'm actually questioning your views.

Flaming for your reference would be if I were to straight out insult you, which I didn't. I simply stated that since you believe bullets ought to be wasted on a human being rather than on the shooting range, that that makes you and such people dangerous.

Anybody who desires to waste bullets on ANYONE is sick. I stand firm on this belief, especially as a gun owner.

18. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Kill the flame war or I'll kill this thread.

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's not a flame war.

As Hypr casually pointed out, he never once insulted damanali, he only questioned him.

It's like no one knows the definition of flaming on this forum.

20. damanali

just kill the thread. thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.