1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Am i the only person who listens to old game music instead of pop songs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cheesewizard, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Cheesewizard

Cheesewizard Well-Known Member

i do listen to some pop songs still, but i mainly listen to old zelda music (N64) and the old Gameboy Pokemon games. I have all the midi files from them ^^. i was just wondering if im the only one.

tell me what you listen to

2. pokekid

pokekid Active Member

Befor i can ansir how old dose the game have to be?

3. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

I'll take Chrono Trigger over Linkin Park any time...

4. lampslammer

lampslammer Well-Known Member

I listen to a lot of mellow rpg tracks all the time. I have a few dozen of em. They're great to have when the game your playin has a sh*tty soundtrack, and They're great for taking bonghits as well.

5. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Check this out:
    http://www.zreomusic.com/2009/12/25/ocarina-of-time
    Some of them feature a high pitched whiny sounding ocarina, but most are simply beautiful (Zelda's Lullaby is gorgeous).

6. Buppazugan

Buppazugan Well-Known Member

I listen to newish game music, like dissidia OST, KH OST, etc etc

7. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

It's not game soundtracks per say, but I often listen to 8bit music

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Reverse that and that's me :p

I kinda prefer re-made 8bit tracks, even though I consider myself retro, I do enjoy some newer things....

Pop however is crap music to me since I view it as manufactured, I'll take the old contra theme song any day over anything of the gerne "pop" XD

9. kme92

kme92 Well-Known Member

I'll take Battle BGMs over Rhianna any day XD
    (Mostly RPG styled music)

10. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Well-Known Member

Hell March 1,2 or 3 is nice to listen when your in a Adrenaline Rush on drawing stuff...

Aside from that, Tetris Theme & Balloon Fight make some perfect music to listen while Exercising...

11. arkonad

arkonad Active Member

zelda ooot one of the best soundtracks ever!!!!

12. Omega00

Omega00 Well-Known Member

I like game music over pop music any day...but I'm not a fan of the older stuff...

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I listen to all the old game music like the Sonic Series for Genesis, SMB (original), and a lot of N64 music as well.

14. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Get the fcuk out. Now.

15. Void

Void Well-Known Member

This thread is now about Nobuo Uematsu.

16. lampslammer

lampslammer Well-Known Member

he's genius

17. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Certainly. I love the FF VIII soundtrack so much, I think it's a major factor in why it's my favorite Final Fantasy. The Oath, The Landing, Fisherman's Horizon, etc. So good.

18. TheFreakinDuck

TheFreakinDuck Well-Known Member

I listen to old school game music too. I like a lot of the Sega Tracks though. One thing I can't find is MP3 files for the 8 Bases from Zero Wing, however. There's just something about these game musics that you can't dislike. :)

19. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

Same here.
    But... No matters how much do I like the game songs (especialy castlevania), I prefer to listen more common music XD (Do not misunderstand me. Actually I got the Castlavania SotN OST album, so i like music games, OK? :p )

20. Cheesewizard

Cheesewizard Well-Known Member

man i didn't know so many people listened to game music. i embarrass myself when people come and put in one of me headphones and theres zelda lullaby playing in the background. Most of the time theyre thinking WTF. haha i like the old midi sequences ^^

i agree with the guy who said tetris :p