1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Am I a Dependent or Independent?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnimeboyX3, Sep 8, 2010.

1. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

I want to make absolutely sure because I believe I'm a dependent but I'm asking to be sure.

I'm 22,living under my parents roof and I have one job,single,Never Married,No kids and I'm not a student.

Reason I'm asking is because I'm about to fill out a W-4 form and I'm wondering if I claim any allowances and is dependent.I googled but I kept finding webpages with complicated wording about what I'm asking.So I'm hoping there's somebody that can really tell me in plain simple english if I'm a dependent without allowances I think I am but I want to be sure.So can anyone help me out? :-\

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Yes you are.

3. AnimeboyX3

Ok thanks.I just wanted to be sure.....

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Sure sounds like you're dependent.

5. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

If you live with your parents or anyone like that and they buy most of your necessities like food and pay the bills then you're a dependant.

6. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Dependent.

7. AnimeboyX3

To be absolute no allowances right?I have no allowances?Just to be sure.....

8. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Dependant.
    I disagree though(as I do with all things), I think at 22 and especially working you should be an independant.

9. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Dependant as long as you don't have proof of your own physical address.

10. AnimeboyX3

Yeah.I know I'm Dependant now ::).I just want to be sure if I Claim any allowances?So do I?