1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Alternate Updates For The Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by TheFreakinDuck, Jan 21, 2012.

1. TheFreakinDuck

TheFreakinDuck Well-Known Member

So ever since I got the March or April of 2011 shop update for the Nintendo DSi, I've needed to update the new firmware on my Acekard 2i. Problem? My DS Lite reads all game cards except for the Acekard 2i itself and that has never been a problem before. I know there's a risk of messing up the system but since it still reads regular game cards and the system works I doubt that's the problem.

So I have two questions. 1.) Does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it (limited budget so no one say "Buy a new Acekard")? 2.) Is there an alternate way to set up the update to the card so I can start using it again.

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

go here http://www.acekard.com/news.php#148 download the update, u will have 2 update files.

whether u choose to update your acekard using a DSL or DSi, use the relevant update file.

3. TheFreakinDuck

So by using those downloads I can update on the DSi itself without needing to run the update on the DS Lite? (Just wanna confirm before I do that)

4. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

the updates are for updating the acekard 2i to enable the card to operate on an updated DSi

using a DSL would be the best to use as using a Dsi, the Dsi would have have to be on a low enough version

5. TheFreakinDuck

Well I don't think my DSi is on a low enough version and like I said my DS Lite isn't reading the Acekard anymore :/ Hmmmmmm...

6. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

i may of misunderstood u then sorry, i thought u needed the acekard working on the DSi

7. pjmorie

pjmorie Member

Am I correct in saying that your Acekard is showing up in your DSi but you can't use it as the DSi firmware was updated and that when you put the Acekard in your DS the card doesn't show up at all?

If this is the case then it may be a contact issue with the DS and the card. Try the TK Paper Trick (second one) method on this link http://gbatemp.net/topic/231412-solving-acekard-contact-issues/
    If this works then you can use the DS to update the Acekard to work in the DSi and 3DS.

8. TheFreakinDuck

Thanks, PJ. I'll look into that. And yes you are correct in saying that.

9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Active Member

Put the update files on another card, then run the update file called '3DS 3.0_DSi_1.4.3_on_DSL.nds' (or something close) then when itsays 'eject card and reinsert' do it, but instead insert the acekard 2i.

this will rewrite the name the card has (previously, there was only a DSi name and no DS lite name, thats why it wasnt working) then it will work on a DS, DS Lite, DSi(XL) 1.4.3 and 3DS 3.0.0-6.

Hope it works for you!

-Clint Eastwood