1. This forum is in read-only mode.

All time lists - Why do IPods suck?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jc_106, May 21, 2008.

1. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

The title explains it all: Why do IPods suck?

And before you start yelling at me, I know that IPods are good devices, but I know they suck hard many times. So, just tell me when and why.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they are DRM loaded, locked to one software application which takes over your music library, and frankly is crap (although this has been bypassed), don't support drag and drop, have a distinctive appearance that makes you a target for muggers, and when the battery wears out you have to send it back to apple and pay about half what you originally paid to get the battery changed.

3. Reemr

Reemr Well-Known Member

There's also many other mp3's that can do more than iPods can that are cheaper than the iPods.

4. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

sometimes they just turn off and wont turn back on, hence why all my friends go crazy without theirs and my mp3 is still rockin it

5. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

My dad got a free iPod nano from this raffle you automatically get by buying a new pair of eyeglasses. Well, I might be getting an MP3 player, so do you guys recommend anything? :)

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

7. Sprite

Sprite Well-Known Member

I recommend a Hitachi... um... something or other. :-\

If you can find one, they are small and cute, do everything an iPod does (except for wanting iTunes and automatically syncing itself with it) and only cost about £25 for a 2GB version. Although there's probably better models than the one I bought at xmas now.

8. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

Simply because you have to use iTunes, and cause I hate Apple. Well, my opinion at least.

9. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

I have a Sansa, its reliable and got respectable memory

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I have a iPod Classic 160GB, it works very well, hasn't turned off in any way whatsoever, tell 'em to take better care of it. I only hate iTunes, stupid program so that's why I use 3rd party applications which are much better. Barely anyone here owns an iPod..

11. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

# iPods have incredibly huge, useless storage.
    Face it, I'm not going to fill up 80GB-160GB worth of music in my entire fucking lifetime. And if I did, I don't have the 1000 hours free time to listen to it...
    # iPods are an ass to transfer music.
    If I want an mp3, I'd like it to work with ANY computer, regardless of iTunes. This isn't it.

That being said, I got an iPod nano 4gb from a web design contest, and rarely use it.

12. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine says you don't need to use iTunes. I don't know if that's true or not, just tell me.

13. anandjones

Yeah, third party applications. Some can also enable regular drag and drop while running. Also, to help fill out all those gigabytes, you can use videos, and put random files on there :p

14. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I mean, too often I'm at a guy's computer and I see a song I want to copy. Using iTunes/ installing third party applications is too much of a hassle. Drag and drop FTW.

15. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

I had a Sansa e250, good enough but awfully fragile
    i wanna get a Samsung t10! its soooooooooo cool!!
    it has bluetooth!
    oh and ipods suck because... they do
    they have no radio, to get radio you have to pay another hundred or so dollars (AUD)
    having one makes you open to any robbers: people with ipods are generally wealthy, or financially steady

16. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

When I got my first iPod I installed iTunes, 2 mins later id realised it was taking over my entire media collection without my permission, then realised it was also the worst program ever, I hate iTunes . Period.

Stick with Sony, Iriver or Zune.

17. Gietz

Gietz Well-Known Member

I have a samsung t10 mp3 player. It does everything. Music, pics, video, fm radio etc. Even Bluetooth support.
    I also have an Ipod shuffle. I won it at Game1/Autosalon 2007.

Ipods also suck cos they have no fm radio. :p

18. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

I have an 8GB Creative Zen. Supports Radio, music, videos, pics and memory card. Only bad thing is ebooks, which it doesn't support. But it's also very pretty, and has a 2.5 inch 16.7 million colours display. Nice, huh? :)

19. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

can anyone suggest some of the third party programs for ipod

20. anandjones

I'd recommend Floola, or Yamipod or something else. Depends on what iPod you have of course.