1. This forum is in read-only mode.

All of the case companies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by boredsimon, May 28, 2010.

1. boredsimon

boredsimon Well-Known Member

Hello Romulators!
    Ok. so i am getting a new itouch from lockerz and i obviously need a case.

So. can anyone name the most popular case companies?

I already know:
    casemate
    switcheasy
    speck
    marware

any others???

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

why do you 'obviously' need a case? My MP3 player came with a case that I never use.

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I think he is talking about a protective casing. iPod Touches are very susceptible to being dropped and breaking.

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I don't use a case for my iPhone...

I had one, but it made it really bulky and made the buttons harder to push...

And good luck getting one from Lockerz. They're ALWAYS out of stock.

5. boredsimon

those didnt help me at alll......not to be rude.
    anyone else?

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Plastic cases protect the shell of them from scrathes, but one drop and it's as good as dead.

Same with rubber.

Mind you I'm going from experience with ipod classic cases.

7. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    That's the one I got, it's leather and made by Belkin. It was about $30. I would advise you don't get any of those shitty plastic, or rubber ones, there's a reason why the always come in packs of about 4, the most they'll do is help you grip the iTouch better, but they offer little, or no protection.
    The only pain in the ass thing about it is that it can be a tad hard to play games since you got the borders around the screen (You can always take it out though), and the button is covered, but there is a little bump in that spot inside the case so you can still push it, only problem with that is that you can easily accidentally push it since that bump is right against the button.

[​IMG]
    And then I also just found this one. Made by the same company, but the button is exposed, so you won't have the problem of accidentally pushing it, and it looks a lot nicer.

8. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

I got the Belkin one, the second picture that Yutrzenika posted. And I got this one: [​IMG]
    They both work fine

9. Yutrzenika

Only problem with that one is that it leaves the screen exposed (Well, aside from the plastic), so if it falls face first on a rock it's probably screwed.

10. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

That's with everything. You just have to be carefull with your stuff.

11. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

You could get the Switcheasy ones... I heard their decent.

12. Yutrzenika

Does it really HAVE to be from lockerz?

13. 6Toushiro9

6Toushiro9 Well-Known Member

You should use............ Wait, wait, wait Romulators???
    Why did BoredSimon call us Romulators.

14. Yutrzenika

15. boredsimon

Yes it has to be from lockerz. im too poor to get it myself.
    Romulators - the people who are an active member of the RomUlation Community:) lolz
    I think i'll get the switcheasy one. Maybe the rebel??
    Opinions?

16. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Talk about bulky as shit.
    Paint it red and you have yourself a Pokedex.

I actually like having the screen exposed because I want to access my iPhone on the fly. The cover forces this to be a two-handed process, when I can easily dial/call/enter my PIN with one hand. This makes it impossible to do that. If you seriously drop it on a rock, you fail and it's just one of those oops moments that does not compute...like when girls drop phones in toilets...what? Were you wiping your ass with it?

@OP: Besides the fact that you're limited to lockerz, you're going to be at the mercy of what they have in stock. Beggars can't be choosers so you'll most likely take what you can get from there, making the plethora of case companies rather irrelevant because you'll most likely have a choice between this or that, and nothing in between.