1. This forum is in read-only mode.

all my games have stopped working, urgent help needed!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by queenfromars, May 11, 2014.

1. queenfromars

queenfromars New Member

I have an old r4 card, not sure what it is (complete novice!) the only identifying thing is there's some microcard or something implanted into the r4 that says altera max II on it. Anyway, it WAS working with some games that were donloaded a while ago (had it a few years) but tried to add some newer games, and these wouldnt load (white or black screen). I looked up a few posts which suggested upgrading, and now I think I am in a right muddle, think I need to totally start over as even my old games wont load now, just a black screen with 'loading' comes up :'(
    Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to put back on my card to get games working again, many thanks
    Post Merge: [time]1399821410[/time]
    ok, I have managed to get my old games working again, and when I put it in our ds lite, it comes up as n5 revolution. how can I get newer games to work?

2. alcibiadesii

alcibiadesii New Member

Newer games require updates to the flashcart as the games' security features change over time. If N5 have stopped support, there may be nothing you can do at the novice level to get the new games running. This problem used to have a workaround in the cheat codes, but many of those threads are stale now as well. Your best bet is to get a new and better-supported card at this point.

3. Amarion

Amarion Member

Congratulations, the old games can work again,as to the new games, just as alcibiadesii said, the best choice is to buy another card which support the new game.

if you really want to play new games, then suggest you r4i gold 3ds: http://www.r4depot.com/8-r4i-gold-3ds-flashcart-for-ds-lite-dsi-3ds-3ds-xl-2ds.html (PS: i bought my r4i gold 3ds from nice store and reliable) . Maybe you have heard of this card more or less since it is very popular . It is the best r4 card as well as most famous flash kit in the market,uses famous wood firmware,with a regular updating and 100% game compatibility and the price is hard to beat at the same time. if not, then you can still use the card to play your old games, but make sure you have used the right firmware and not add new games later.

4. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

You need to download Ysmenu and copy&paste the N5 package.