1. This forum is in read-only mode.

All my ds games: Gone!!!!! :,(

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Soluri, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

I just turned my ds on, and yesterday my r4 worked perfectly but now almost ALL my games are gone :'( :'( :'( :'( 20 games are gone and the only game that is standing in my list is: Patched style boutique. But my r4 coudnt find the savfile! :( Please say my games aren't gone forever cause I was really far in all my games but I didn't put the SAVfiles in my computer :'( :'(.
    And I just put my Micro sd card in the comuter and theres also standing only one game :( HELP!
    (If you push the R button, the red R is turning into a green R. What's that's?)

2. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Re: Gone!!!!! :,(

Have you backed any of your games/sav files on your computer? Try reformatting your r4 and use the 'paper trick' if needed or just blow into the slot.

3. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Re: Gone!!!!! :,(

Well, a long time ago I did, but not for all of my games :'( :'(
    What do you mean with reformatting my R4 and the 'Paper trick'?

4. klaimore

Reformatting is backing everything yu have on yur SD card to your computer, delete the menu.dat, system, moonshell files (basically delete everything and put them back on your SD card again) Remember to back all your games, SAV files, and your system and moonshell folder is you don't have the disc that contained them.

Paper Trick: Slip a peice of small paper in when you put your r4 in. The instructions on how to properly do this: http://www.r4ds-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1354

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

When I download a game-I always save a copy of the data for backup purposes...

I just wished I also backed up the sav files :(

6. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

The green R is to indicate that soft reset (l, r, +, abxy push to soft reset) is activated, while turning it red deactivates it. It has nothing to do with the microSD, unfortunately.
    I have experienced something similar, after a while, some games and savs on my microSD are corrupted and unrecoverable by normal means. Since then, I always make the backup of games after every download and weekly saves backup.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that is not reformatting.

8. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

I think I know why why my R4 card deleted all my games.... I tried to put games on it, but then it says I dont got any more place. But theres is only 264 mb on it, and I could only place 46 mb on it. So its thinking its 300 MB, but it is a 2GB card! What to do now?????

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Backup what ever files are there, and format your card. If it still doesn't show about 1.8GB of free space, then your card may have failed and you will have to buy a new MicroSD.

10. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

What do you mean with format? And how do I do that?

11. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

See my computer on your desktop or start at bottom left of your screen, See the drive letter your microsd card is using, click left on mouse on it, and you will see format on the list, format it in either fat or fat32

If your sd card has bean paritioned by any chance try using HP Drive Key Boot Utility software

12. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Hmm, oke its working. Now I just have to start over with all my games :( Maybe someone can give me a few good one ;D

13. klaimore

What games are you playing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.