1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Alien vs Predator: extinction psx2 freezing error (mehbeh)?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Arcwolf09, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Ok i just downloaded the iso from torrents and i'm using all the default settings but as soon as i fast start the game it just stays at the title screen and does nothing else.. I looked up the games compatibility and it was compatible with a previous version of psx2 so i assume it should still be the same with this? I have found no solutions on youtube or google that help me. Oh and others have played the game just fine :3

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

sometimes newer releases of an emulator can break compatibility with some games, otherwise it could just be that you need to change your config a bit.

3. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

i tried a ton of different graphics plugs and settings.. i'm downloading the older version now.

4. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

What version of PCSX2 are you using?

I was using the latest svn release from here when I last played (then deleted, didn't really like it) the game.

5. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

the newest one for windows.. I used to have the original game on ps2 which i gotten second hand it was scratched to hell. I loved the simply rts and the skill tree.

6. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

The official 0.9.8 version? Try using the svn versions.

7. reekon_retro

reekon_retro Well-Known Member

Or maybe use the skip MPEG hack in the Gamefixes settings. *Warning gamefixes can break games so only use as last resort* *Edit: make a backup of ISO/image and try maybe...*