1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Alice in wonderland

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by tantimongoose, Feb 20, 2010.

1. tantimongoose

tantimongoose Well-Known Member

Oh no just read that the new ds game alice n wonderland will have dsi enhanced features so won't be able to get the rom from romulation...ahhhh!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, it will be DSi Enhanced.

http://www.amazon.com/Alice-Wonderland-Nintendo-DS/dp/B002KA20C4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1266628631&sr=8-1
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/home/961687.html
    This means not only will it not be hosted on Romulation (for now) it will likely not work on the majority of flashcarts.

3. tantimongoose

should work on cyclods in a ds and hopefully on a m3i zero cart on dsi (unless i have misunderstood the manufacturers claims of compatibility and automatic patches etc?).
    Hope the issue of dumping is sorted soon so romulation can continue to be the best rom site. It would be good to see a complete database of games here. Damn the dsi camera!

4. TirithRR

The higher quality cards, Acekard2i, CycloDS, even M3i Zero and TTDS/i have a higher chance of the game working on them. But even good cards have issues with new game sometimes. The difference is they have active teams working on them to help resolve the issues in a hopefully timely manner. (sometimes they are unofficial teams though). The 100% compatibility claim of many flashcarts, even great ones, isn't always true, and changes depending on time. Especially with the advent of Anti-Piracy, Metaforic protection, and DSi Enhanced games. The last of which it appears some games add just as an added form of Anti-Piracy, since it makes the game unplayable on most flashcarts.

5. tantimongoose

Thanks for that info
    so do you think the actual dsi enhanced features would work with any card at all (i know it is a dumping issue too)?

6. TirithRR

Depends on who dumps it. Apparently there is a tool out there that can do it correctly, and some of the games have been dumped correctly. If it's dumped correctly, and the flashcart is good, it may work. (I don't have a DSi though, so I've never tested it).

7. tantimongoose

Hummm...I think I'll wait for romulation to host and then I know its all good!
    Thanks again for your info.

8. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I remember there was another game which was DSi enhanced, Assasins Creed II was it?

9. TirithRR

There are quite a few DSi Enhanced and Exclusive games.
    If you go to gbatemp.net and go to the end of the release list, you will see about 36 games listed with DSi. These are DSi Enhanced/Exclusives. These games aren't hosted on Romulation.

10. tantimongoose

Please don't say "these games aren't hosted by romulation". Please say these games aren't hosted by romulation YET"!

11. TirithRR

Well, those particular releases likely will never be hosted on Romulation :) When the dump method is corrected I'm sure Romulation will host the new improved dumps.

12. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

meesa can't wait for the movie xD, all my buddies picked up shrooms and have been saving em for it, now they are all gone in our area and I didn't get a chance to get any :( oh well the movie is still gonna be sick and i hope the game is kinda cool/trippy too

13. TirithRR

The movie isn't going to be as good as I had hoped. I was hoping for a darker, more twisted Alice, like American McGee's

I had high hopes when I first heard it was coming. Then the trailers can out and it turns out to be less of a dark twisted and more of a screwy twisted.

14. tantimongoose

Ohh thats just what i was hoping you would say!