1. This forum is in read-only mode.

?Alert? Taiwanese kingston cards.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fallenleader, Jan 8, 2009.

1. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

I recently noticed that one of my kingston microsd 2gb cards was made in taiwan, not sure if the standards have shifted, materials are different or anything at all.

Just alerting everyone to this since its said that the japanese produced kingston cards ARE the BEST!

the card performs ok and not concerned enough to run tests to verify performance, someone else might want to and post results here.

I'm not even sure how to test them...

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Are you dissing Taiwan? What makes you think Taiwan has poor manufacturing? FYI, Taiwan is NOT part of China. It's China which has the poor manufacturing, not Taiwan.

*Cue political status of Taiwan rant*

3. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

No but pretty much anything you buy that was made in japan is very high quailty

4. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

anything that outsources typically becomes a lower quality product. even down to the fact that suppliers of core components are different.

the copper in different regions differs in quality, for example.

and i believe but am not sure, the speed is too slow to run mario kart DS WFC.

this temps me to test and compare to verify my assumptions.

now, killx, do not start what is not needed. it would be childish to assume a lesser quality product would be example for an entire country's standards.

someone please provide me with the resources to benchmark and any other needed tests for these cards.

all my cards run FAT32

Thank you,
    Sean H.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I used to have a Taiwanese Sandisk. Worked fine. Should be the same case for a Kingston. As long as you have a Kingston or Sandisk no matter where it was manufactured, you don't really have to worry about anything.