1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Alcohol dumping into lakes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drteletubbie, May 1, 2010.

1. drteletubbie

drteletubbie Well-Known Member

Ok, the story goes like this : Some classmates and I went to a lake just to party, and, don't flame or bash please, we brought alcohol with us. Unfortunately, the Police came and saw us (we were all under-aged) and, of course, they took the alcohol from us (We didn't even had a sip of alcohol yet). And then, what shocked me the most was actually them pouring out all the alcohol into the lake. I was like wtf are they doing? They just nonchalantly poured it in front of us, but I didn't want to argue since..yeah..they are the authorities.

So, is it dangerous to dump alcohol into lakes and such?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

No. Alcohol is a natural substance and is not dangerous to the wildlife. It's 90+% water anyway (assuming you, like many under aged drinkers, had just had beer).

3. drteletubbie

Oh, I see, thanks for clearing that up.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

So, did you end up getting in trouble? Here it's against the law for a minor to even possess alcohol. Being caught with it will land you an MIP (Minor In Possession). Fines, etc.

5. drteletubbie

Well, each kid had to give them their parents' phone no. and the cops would call them to notify what had just happened. Since no one answered from my home, the cop just simply didn't care and continued to the next kid (they were calling at the spot). One begged not to get his parents called (harsh parents) and he got away with it. After calling...they left...and since we still had food we continued partying and had orange juice shots XD. This is in Sweden though...

Wow..just realised they let you off here easily lol.

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Come to Denmark! You can drink legally at 16 here! And if you're not 16 then you shouldn't be drinking anyway.

7. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

So if you're 17 you shouldn't be drinking?

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

nope. unless you're called seph.

Also if you're called littlekill you're never legally allowed to drink for public safety reasons.

9. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I contend that Littlekill drinking is a very humorous thing to watch.

10. drteletubbie

lmao, hell yes! I barely understand danish, but I'll try!

11. Littlekill

alcohol is bad, really bad

12. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I'd say that's a big waste of alcohol...

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's a waste, but what else would they do?

I'm not sure of the laws here, but many parents slack off and let the kids drink anyways, hence the "ratty" kids that end up being drunks, trouble makers, punching me in the face while high, etc.

14. Littlekill

people claim i molest cats when drunk but they're full of shit!

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

They are, I was told underage kids.

16. drteletubbie

Nah, the amount of alcohol was enough to not make any of us drunk, although we had vodka lol... Our class is pretty much the goodie two shoes of the goodie two shoes lol, I can't imagine anyone doing that.

17. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

The most worrying thing is corporations wasting toxical substances on rivers and stuff. At least the fishes had some fun on the lake!

18. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

To be fair, nobody should really be drinking before the age of 25 or so, but nowhere will ever contend to something like that due to the fact that it would just increase the rate of under aged drinking anyways, thus making it counter productive.

19. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It's a stacking thing, if you're 17 then you're aslo 16, if you're 2131 then you're also 1218 etc. Think of it like clearing levels in a game, you move on but that last one is still done!

20. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

yes i totally agree, in fact i think it should be 30 ;)