1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AKAIO or Original?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by ProtomanZX, Aug 1, 2010.

1. ProtomanZX

ProtomanZX Well-Known Member

So I have my acekard, and was wondering what firmware is better, akaio or the on on acekard's site?

2. MadSemtex

MadSemtex Well-Known Member

AKAIO. I bet many other people will say it to. I had the normal firmware, but AKAIO supports much more games, and you can create multiple save-slots, and much more. It's just the original software, but a lot better. Go for AKAIO RC 1.7 ;)

3. ProtomanZX

Will It work on DSI firmware 1.4U?

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

definately AKAIO, and yes, it will work, but you need the acekard flashed to work on 1.4 firmware

5. ProtomanZX

Do I need to install the 1.4 update again? You see, I got my acekard2.I working on the acekard site firmware and need to know what to do to update it from the acekard site firmware to akaio.

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

if you already did it for your cart, then no. you dont have to do it again. and you have to just download akaio and replace it with your cart firmware

7. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I had some severe problems with AKAIO such as data corruption and deleted save files. All of that went away when I switched to the official firmware. Also, I have 60 games, and only 1 of them is incompatible with the official firmware (bowsers inside story).

Just my personal experience.

8. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

well, the other one i had alot of issues with is DQ IX and that was with the official firmware but when i switched over to AKAIO im having no issues now

9. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I have zero issues with the official firmware while playing DQ9. I have however, had my DQ9 save file deleted while using AKAIO.

10. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

I've never had any loss of data issues with AKAIO, and in truth not really had any issues with either official AK software or AKAIO software. Its personal preference in the end. I choose to use AKAIO for some of the special features. And the regular updates. [its nice to have an updated gameshark built in when you get bored with playing normally. :3]