1. This forum is in read-only mode.

akaio not booting

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by archlvt, Jun 16, 2010.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I had a thread going where I had a problem, and I thought it was solved, but it happened again and the solution didn't work this time. I replied to the thread but it merged with the first post and everyone had thought it was solved.

So now I need help again and the chances of someone going back into a thread they thought was solved is low.

I turn my ds on, select acekard2i, it says loading, flashes white, then goes black and stays black. I redownloaded the firmware, and replaced it. This worked the first time, but now it's not working. Soft resetting is to blame, I won't soft reset anymore, but I need to fix this somehow. Any ideas?

**edit**

Rather than replace the files, I outright tried to delete the firmware altogether, and it wouldn't let me, a lot of the files are corrupt and I got errors like "The file name is too short and cannot be deleted" and the file name is simply ","

I tried renaming it, same error. So I guess I need to reformat it?

2. linkfan551

linkfan551 Well-Known Member

Have you tried completely reformatting the card with Panasonic formatter?

3. archlvt

I'm looking for the formatter link now but can't find it. Can you link me please?

If formatting does indeed wipe it clean, then it should solve everything.

Note to self, SOFT RESETTING IS BAD.

4. linkfan551

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=6027

5. archlvt

Why thank you my good man.

Now I just gotta wait 15 minutes for it to load all my stuff back onto the microsd :p

But I'm 98% sure this will work, as the corrupt files are gone.

**edit**

Okay we're good.

6. BL4CKB34RD

BL4CKB34RD Well-Known Member

Is that formatter exclusively for Panasonic SD cards? Or will it work on other brands?

7. archlvt

I'm using a kingston microsd card. I dunno if they're related or not. If not, then...yes it works with others.

Worked like a charm.

8. linkfan551

It's for any SD/MSD that is standard or SDHC. SDXC is not supported.