1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AKAIO Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SquishyNinja, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SquishyNinja

SquishyNinja New Member

I know this seems a bit late, but I really need this to work for me.
    Let me explain:
    In order to play some of the newer games, I got the AKAIO 1.5 on my Acekard 2i. I deleted the other firmware (the offical Acekard one) and I loaded the AKAIO on my card. When I began to play the games that had been on the Acekard prior to the upgrade of AKAIO, I noticed that my sav files, while still on the memory stick, did not play. So I had to start all over on all my games. :(
    Now my friend wants me to help her get AKAIO 1.5, with the same prior circumstances as I had. How do I do it so that the sav files don't just stop working??

2. Raqueldms

Raqueldms Well-Known Member

It's because AKAIO 1.4 uses .nds.sav files, and AKAIO 1.5 .sav.
    Press the start button, go to the System Options, then "File System Settings". The last one is Save Ext. Change it to .sav. :)

3. SquishyNinja

SquishyNinja New Member

Thank you!

I also have another question. I've done that with mine and now I have my files back. YAY :D
    But I have some files on nds.sav and some on sav. Is it possible to convert them all to one?

4. Raqueldms

Raqueldms Well-Known Member

Just rename the file from nds.sav to .sav. :)

5. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

thanks this answered my question as well (would my no$gba .sav work on akaio with out modification).

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You would need to convert the save-file using http://shunyweb.info/convert.php

7. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

wait so i still have to use that converter? So i would choose source format no$gba and then target format acekard2? i assume i pick acekard 2 because there was no option for akaio.

8. 7mike7

7mike7 Well-Known Member

only if renaming doesn't work

9. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I got a similar problem and tried that on my acekard sav to load on no$gba, but all my other games even pokemon do work Except for Phantasystar zero sav

Edited
    I meant my SAV from my flashcart too the Emulator does not work with PSZ yet HGSS and all others work fine, why?

10. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

WHY does dealextreme take so damn long!>O it's been exactly two weeks since i ordered the card ans d they shipped it 8 days ago...it should be here by now with me in idaho. T~T

11. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

i am never ever getting anything from dealextreme again

12. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

That sucks, me, my brother, and friend all ordered our Acekard 2's from Dealextreme, we all got ours around 10 days after we each ordered them.

Ordered mine on a thursday, it got shipped on a monday, then came i think the following monday, same thing happened with my bro and friend, we ordered ours on the same day, but different weeks.

13. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

i guess you ordered at the right time XD, btw how is your card holding up? i heard they have the tendency to "die", also how is the micro sd reader that comes with the acekard? i heard those tend not to work.

14. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

I ordered stuff and it came withing the time I expected.I recommend people buy from them,they are cheap and the timescale is 2 weeks....

15. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

not for me its taking over 2 weeks since it's been shipped

16. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

bro ,try ordering from these people......there awsome !!
    http://www.gamebygame.com/index.php

i had 2 days max wait time........free shipping......rock on! :) :)

just a quick thought ........deal extreme is in frickin china,it took 7 weeks for my r4i gold to arrive....never again....

17. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

that's funny, that site you linked me to charges 5 bucks to put the firmware on the card xD

18. jpm83160

bro ....google it and do it for free......dont have them charge you for firmware..learn how to do it ....i didnt mean to misslead you,if i did i apologize for that..... :)

19. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

LMao don't fret i just thought it was amusing, kinda like how the Geek Squad charges around a hundred bucks to set up a gaming console, anyway i wouldn't be buying from gamebygame at the moment anyway since i already paid for my acekard on deal extreme, although if i woulda know it would take this long i would have forked over the extra 10 bucks on another site......................>:eek:

20. jpm83160

sorry about dealextreme bro.......ordering stuff from half way 'round the world can be nerve racking,but i trust them if thats any consolation...ive never been burned by them,but to find wierd stuff you cant get in the states there the best site around despite what said of never again.....be well and god bless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.