1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Akaio/Acekard 2i Save Extension?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by tsubakix2, Dec 18, 2010.

1. tsubakix2

tsubakix2 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the relatively simple question, but I was just curious about the save name extension for Akaio since I'm switching from an R4 SDHC with TTMenu to an Acekard 2i in a couple days.

Basically, right now, TTMenu makes saves that are this format: Game.SAV

I'm just curious what I have to rename my save games as so they will work with the most recent Akaio/Acekard 2i.

So the topic has a bit more substance, how does the Acekard 2i + Akaio handle recent games such as Pokemon Black, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, and the 9 Days Persona-esque game?:)

Thanks a lot for any help.

2. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

Just check the size of your .sav file. If it is 512KB it will work on the Acekard.

If it is different, you can use this site to convert the .sav file to Acekard 512Kb

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

All the games you listed should run fine on Akaio 1.8.1

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

The file size doesn't matter... R4/TTMenu use the SAME file type as the AK2i, so there will be no need to convert, and on question 2, i think all are working Except may GS).

4. tsubakix2

tsubakix2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for such quick responses! I'm so excited to have a better flash cart than my R4 clone.:p

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

just in case, akaio can read either .sav files or .nds.sav files. so you wont have any problems