1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AKAIO 1.5.1 MOD

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by theblues, Mar 14, 2010.

1. theblues

theblues Well-Known Member

can someone send me the firmware thats cracked i have a clone card.

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Just to clarify. I personally don't know how to crack it, or where to find the crack. Many users here tend to respect Normmatt, the AKAIO programmer, who doesn't wish to have his firmware cracked for clone cards, so they likely will not help.

You may get lucky if you use google and look around.

4. theblues

wait why is it blocked from most sites??
    he released it
    is there a way for him to send it again??

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's blocked because most sites respect the work of Normatt.
    And he tried to keep the crack from circulating.
    Most of them are down. I can't find any, but I would never give it to anyone else if I did find the cracked AKAIO firmware.

6. TirithRR

Where did he release it? If he says it's ok, then that will probably change people's minds.

He threatened to stop AKAIO development when he learned of the 1.5.1 crack originally. And I was under the impression that even if he did release a crack for previous versions, it was only after a stable release of the newest version was made available. (Which again, I only read in passing on GBAtemp, and have no idea if it's even true that far.)

7. theblues

how come AKAIO is only for real ones, i mean there are a lot of people who make it look real. obviously i got scammed but i swear it looks so real. bUt anyway, whats the problem with clones if the real ones are illegal too?

8. TirithRR

It's a matter of the person who does the work asking the community. I am sorry you have a clone and cannot use the AKAIO 1.5.1 firmware.
    But if we don't respect those who make it all possible, and they don't do their work, then everyone loses.

I haven't heard anything about the Unofficial DSTT 1.17a07/12 people asking that their work not be used on other cards, but if they were to stand up and ask, I'm sure people would feel the same way.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

OH!
    Normatt never released the crack. Rudolph did...
    He's the guy who cracked AKAIO and made it available for the R4i or whatever it was.

Flashcarts aren't illegal. It's how you use them.

Clones are the problem because it's people trying to rip off the real company and make a quick buck.

10. Toshi_TNE

Toshi_TNE Member

I thought DSi flash carts used a hacked ROM from a commercial game along with a loader to fool the console into DS compatibility mode. That makes them illegal mate.

11. TirithRR

Well, some of them come bundled with the 1.4 update (I think the R4i v1.4 does). But the Acekard2i, TTDSi, M3Zeroi, etc sold as is don't. It's the user who upgrades it with the ROM data, so really the card as it wouldn't contain any illegal data.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Only if you do that though. :)

But then that would also make the Action Replay that works on 1.4x illegal as well. ;)

13. Toshi_TNE

Toshi_TNE Member

Thanks for clearing that up TirithRR. I just switched from PSP to DSi so I'm new to all this.
    So basically the manufacturer send you a blank card for you to inject with a hacked ROM/loader? That means that as soon as you get it working you're committing a crime, no matter what you use it for lol :D

-Using an acekard clone myself until I find a decent card, but it's working fine. Firmware replaced with AKAIO 1.5.1, direct boot (don't ask).

Sure I guess. Depends on the country you live in.

14. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Seph nearly kicked my butt outta these forums when I posted an english guide on how to install AKAIO 1.5 cracked, so I doubt he will allow it being hosted here.