1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AKAIO 1.5.1 ~ Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Save Warning *WARNING READ*

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mikeac, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Everyone know the popular AKAIO firmware for the AceKard Series? It has been updated to version 1.5.1.

This fixes the save issues with this game. If have an already working game, you need to convert it into a 1 Megabyte save, but that is not possible yet on the only save converter site (shunywebs). Attempting to play the game with a save under 1MB will cause the game to delete your save, and start a new game. You need to do a workaround (only if you have already started a game, before AKAIO 1.5.1).

CHANGELOG:
    Code:
    Version History
    ---------------
    AK-AIO 1.5.1
    + Fix Date/Time retrieved from files.
    + Fix Cheat Window Freeze/White screen problem. (Thanks Baka_Kyuubi84 for the test case)
    + Added Swedish language file. (Thanks the_engineeer)
    + Added Brazilian Portuguese language file. (Thanks Cereal Killer)
    + Updated savelist.bin
    {IMPORTANT}+ Zelda now defaults to the required 1MB (If your using a 512kb save you will need to start again because the save file is corrupt, Alternatively you can manually set the save size backto 4Mbit and continue but it will cause problems later into the game). {read below for more info}
    + Fix disk icon appearing over other windows.
    + Settings window shows long filenames for skins and languages now.

AFTER UPDATING: IMPORTANT
    If your save is 512kb, or any other size, then you need to go into the the game properties and change the save data size from 'Auto-detection' to '512kb', or whatever your save size is. This may cause issues in the game if you are not close to the end of the game. If you have not started this game yet, then you don't need to do this.

Please do not be mad if you lose your save data, shoot an email to the AKAIO staff if you have a problem.

2. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Do not send the AKAIO staff (who aren't paid btw) about this issue, it is nothing to do with them :)

3. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

They do develop the program though, not exactly a complaint email, but tell them that it was not a smart idea to change the games save.

4. KevInChester

They had to! If they didn't you'd still have issues... they changed it for a very good reason.

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Mine worked perfectly fine, I cleared the game and still had a 512kb save.

6. paisios

paisios Well-Known Member

thanks pal it worked

7. KevInChester

512kb save works, but problems can occur. The cartridge itself uses a 1mbit save file.

8. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

When I updated my AKIO to 1.5.1 my gamesave from
    Zelda Spirit Tracks was changed from 512 KB to 1 MB and
    the game erased my gavesave ,no problem
    I just chanced my AKIO settings put back a copy of my gamesave and
    I could continue playing Zelda

That's all nothing to worry about ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.