1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AK2i on my 3DS

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by jordandrako2, May 15, 2011.

1. jordandrako2

jordandrako2 Active Member

I know there have been thousands of topics about flashkarts bricking 3DS's and I've seen enough of them and researched enough to know that bricking is hardly possible (in the US). But what I'm still skeptical about is the fact that it might disable my ability to play games online. Having portable netflix is part of the reason I bought mine a few days ago. So should I wait until the june update to see if everyone elses is still ok and can still play online or do you think I'm safe to use my AK2i now. I'm extremely tempted to but I need somebody elses opinion.

2. glenwii

glenwii Member

mine works fine. just make sure you fully update the acekard with the 3ds patch and latest akayo etc

3. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Yep, mine works flawlessly .

4. lynne madsen

lynne madsen Member

The issues has been discussed countless times over and has been disproved each and every time. I mean the Nintendo 3DS CAN'T brick your system whether you use 3ds flashcart or not.
    This was done by Nintendo to scare people like you from using a flashcard in your 3ds. It looks like Nintendos tactics are actually working on some people,kind of sad really.

5. jordandrako2

I had actually said that I'm sure Nintendo wont brick my 3ds but it hasn't been disproved that they'll take away my ability to play games online when the next update comes out on June 6th (internet browser, netflix, dsware).

6. Geminis076

Geminis076 Well-Known Member

Hi, I just received a 3DS as a gift from a friend. I have no idea what this thread is talking about, I'm so new to the 3DS I have no idea what's been going on or which working flashcarts are available for it.

Regarding this topic, I'm wondering if someone can be so kind as to provide a link to a topic or thread that will explain what this is all about? I have an AK2i which is why I'm curious. Thanks!

7. jordandrako2

So any news as to blockage of online support or (unlikely) bricking of any systems that had used flashcarts?

8. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

Same here...