1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AK2I Firmware Question

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by slingshot182, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Before I say any thing let me tell you that I HAVE read the "Common Issues" thread. So don't give me any grief about that.

So my AK2I finally came in the mail which means I can finally ditch my R4. How ever I am not sure of which files that are the R4's file that I need to replace and the files that need to stay there.

P.S. I have downloaded the latest OFFICIAL AK2I firmware from this link.http://www.acekard.com/download.php#ak2

Any Help is Greatly Appreciated, Thanks!​

2. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

I think its AKAIO 1.5 you need.Im going to do exactly the same as your doing on Sunday.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Locate "akio" 1.5, it works better than the official.

Now, the files you will need to transfer from the r4 are the ".nds" files and ".sav" files.

Any apps you got like moonshell, well if you remember what the folders are pull them out, otherwise re-dwnload them again.

4. slingshot182

So should I just backup my games then clear everything but Moonshell ETC. then put AKIO on the root?

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Preety much, but if you have any music file and you want to keep them...do so.

I do hope you know your mp3's and other ones :)

And here is the initial file structure.

"akmenu.ds" and "_acekard" or some folder.

The games can go anywhere-but for neatness try making some folders and place the game's and their sav files there together.

Post Merge: [time]1258172202[/time]
    http://www.acekard.com/download.php

Click that link :)

6. slingshot182

So, Put the "akmenu.ds" on the root, then make a folder called "_ackard" and put every thing else in that?(by every thing else I mean every thing else in the AKAIO download folder.)

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No-everything goes outside of that "_ackard" folder.

You can put stuff in, but...it might mess you about-I can't remember what happened to me last time-but it wasn't preety :(

You could put the games anywhere but I suggest making a seperate folder to keep it neat, I called mine "ds games"

8. slingshot182

Don't think I did it right, it says "Loading", then the screen flashes white and goes black.

Sorry for my incapableness.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Your using akio or the official acekard ?

Should be a "akmenu.nds" and "_ackard" folder-keep the roms outside of this folder.

10. slingshot182

AKIO.

GBA Temp says to do this:
    Format the microSD with the Panasonic formatter.
    Download the current version of AKAIO
    Unzip the file and put the _aio* folder and akmenu4.nds at the Root (base) of your microSD card
    Insert the microSD card firmly in a non-spring loaded (new shell) ak2.1 and ak2i. If your microSD slot is spring loaded make sure it "clicks."
    Insert the Acekard firmly into your NDS, again make sure it clicks.
    Boot up the NDS, select the Acekard from the firmware Slot-1 selection box, and enjoy

Is this what your saying I should do or do you have different advice?

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That is preety accurate-I didn't bother with the reformat part though, but it helps.

Here's one thing to try-have you made sure the sd card is inserted properly?

12. slingshot182

Yeah, ok I guess I will try that then. Thanks :)

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I have a habit of not putting mine in correctly, so I press it in firmly-prefferably while the acekard isn't in the ds to make sure.

14. slingshot182

Ok thanks alot I finally got it to work. I only have one more question though.(sorry for all of them :p) I was wondering how to get skins to work. Do I just put them in the root?

Again, any Help is Greatly Appreciated! :)

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Inside the "_akio" folder is another folder called "ui"

Please the entire theme folder inside, keep inkind, they can only be acekard formatted ones, r4 theme's don't work.

16. slingshot182

Ok, I'll try it.

Thanks alot for all your help :) :) :) :)

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It took a bit, but hay-this is easier to work out than an r4 XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.