1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AK2i broken spring?! Already?!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by BlueSonikku, Mar 28, 2010.

1. BlueSonikku

BlueSonikku Well-Known Member

This can't be happening!

I just got this thing this Friday and I updated all the needed FW and stuff...put my nice new 8gig card into the slot and it was a little...sticky..but it managed clicked nice and all. Tested things out..it seemed to be fine...so I took it out..put all my junk on the card and was good to go..

Then when I went to put the card back in, it keeps popping back out. It just won't 'click' and stay in. Don't tell me the spring is screwed in it already with 2 clicks! >C

Do you guys have any fixes for this..or am I just going to have to try and get a replacement and wait another week to play? *sighs*

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I don't know how to fix that.

I don't know why it would do that...

Perhaps tinkering with it? Adding some tape perhaps?

3. BlueSonikku

I was thinking the same thing...sticking something in there and just prodding around..but being not able to see in there very well I might do more damage then good.

I think I might have to do the tape thing until I hear back from ether AK or the site I bought it from.

Damn this really sucks. Just when I was about to play too it takes a fail on me. Why do they insist on using the crappy spring system?

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I don't know...

I never liked it...

You may be able to open it up and take it out somehow, but you may risk destroying your card.

5. BlueSonikku

yeah was just watching a thing on Youtube on how to take it apart and do away with the whole spring deal.

I think I'll wait and see what they say (in case it voids any chance I have of getting a new one) and then if it's a no go..I'm going to take that sucker apart. For as cheap and supposedly crappy) as it was...my R4 was more stable then this xx

6. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well what site did you get it from?
    Because this is strange what's happening.

7. BlueSonikku

I bought it from KickGaming.com I also got a M3i Zero that seems to be fine from them, but I only had this one for a few hours and the spring crapped out on me. =P

8. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Maybe something went wrong when they delivered it.
    Maybe you could try to do something to see if it works.
    But nothing if it's a bit risky.
    If nothing works send it back and get another one.

9. BlueSonikku

I was thinking on just sticking a needle or something of the like in there and gently checking to see if pushing on anything might help. Who knows it might be a easy fix. I don't really want to take it apart being that it's glued and all. Someone said a hairdryer to melt the glue...seems a bit dangerous.

Other then that I have no other option then to do just that and return it.

10. Mamaandpapa

Mamaandpapa Member

this may be a useless post bum.. maybe your not pushing hard enough? don't push to hard but just push it downish.. down

i got an acekard 2.1 and when i was trying to put my micro sd in and kept comin back out until I finally just pushed it in a bit hardishhh.. not sure if acekard2.1 spring is diff than 2i

11. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

I found this try looking at this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=43982

12. BlueSonikku

No believe me it's busted...I got it to stay once and then that was it..it clicks but the card pops right back out. No amount of pushing it down or anything else of putting tape on it is going to hold that card in.

Thanks for the link I'll check that out.

13. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Did you ever slam it?

14. BlueSonikku

you mean to try and fix it? or was the cause of breakage? cause I never dropped it or anything...

I did think about giving it a good wack to make it work...but I did'nt know if it would do any good or more damage. It's always worked before but never tried on something so delicate ._.

15. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

That's really strange.
    Read the link and see if any of those suggestion work.

16. BlueSonikku

so far the only thing that's been really working is a bit of scotch tape ><. I wanna try and remove the spring, but I don't want to monkey around with it to much until I find out if I can get it replaced.

I just PRAY they don't seen me another springed one again, or I feel a repeat coming on.

17. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well I'm going to order one so I hope mine doesn't stuff up either.
    Hopefully the scotch tape works.

18. BlueSonikku

Maybe it's just a bad batch thing. If it does happen there is a Youtube vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmGzE46_xMM

That might help, but yeah it requires taking the card apart but seems to be a fix if all else fails.

I wish you good luck in that case ^^

19. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well I wouldn't want to take it apart.
    But if all else fails I might do it.
    I wish good luck to you seeing as you have the problem now.

20. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

aha me too,i had the very same thing after about 3 in and outs of the micro sd and then i out it in after changing some roms from this cool site and the micro sd would not stay in!i bought my acekard2i in december and i was not happy about it at all so i contacted the website that sold it to me and they said that they would replace it if it was a genuine problem so i sent it back and they sent me a brand new one within a few days !so its worth getting in touch with whoever sold it to you as they will more than likely do the same.really you have a 28 day warranty with any new purchase at the very least.