1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Airline Security

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MangaRx, Oct 28, 2009.

1. MangaRx

MangaRx Well-Known Member

What was the weirdest thing you couldn't take as hand luggage on a plane mine was......... A PLASTIC LIGHTSABER!

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Hey, that obvious. ;D
    How about cowboy shoes? XD

3. MangaRx

HA! Thats funny

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I was pissed off when I found out I can't bring a dildo and my rifle on my carry on.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I heard malasia doesn't allow any offencive or agressive t-shirts...

My mate has an army camo-apparently it's not allowed.

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Haha!
    That's more funny!!

Yep.Yep.
    unless...

7. MangaRx

Funny! but weird....

8. Yupario

Yupario Member

I wasn't allowed to bring a top hat.

9. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I left an NAIA and was allowed to bring very, tiny hand sanitizer to a province up north, well the terminal fee was 200 pesos, 4-5USD, when i was to return to manila, the provincial airport didnt allowed me to bring the very-tiny hand sanitizer back on my hand carry. and the funny bit was the terminal fee was only 20 pesos, 20cents american.

manila airport is lax in security while provincial airports are tight. funny.

10. MangaRx

WTF IS WITH THAT??????!!!!! Professor Layton would be angry

11. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

LOL,in 1976 on a flight out of Canada my 2 x silver guns and holster had to be handed over

12. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I have never had anything confiscated from me while going through security. I always go prepared.

One of my coworkers forgot he had his cellphone in his pocket, and passed through the metal detector three times (failing all three times) and they took him to the side and did a full search. It was funny. Even though they found the cell phone right away, since he had failed the metal detector so many times they searched his stuff and asked him a bunch of questions.

And while I have never had anything confiscated, I actually brought some of my work tools onboard the plane once by accident, two years ago. I bunch of screwdrivers, wire strippers, knife, etc. Funny thing is, I actually put my bag through the xray machine and it passed OK, but I had all these potential weapons in it.

13. MangaRx

Heehee that is kinda funny.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I got searched after setting off the metal detector once this year. Annoying thing was it was my watch, I asked beforehand if I should take it off and the guy said no it would be fine, and it set the alarm off. I knew immediately it was that, and said so, the guy agreed but I still got searched.

15. MangaRx

That is stupid

16. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Well, I have flown like 6 times in the past 3 weeks and I've have only gotten searched once, and only because I had a sweater on so they checked just my upper body, I never triggered the detector, seriously, just take off all metal and your shoes and nothing will happen.

17. MangaRx

yeah but it's also whats in your bag that can get you held up

18. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

No, not really, just put it in your check-in bag, for my carry on I only keep my laptop, a book, a headset, passport etc.

19. MangaRx

yeah but you might have something in there that you wouldn't expect to not be allowed and be caught off guard.

20. evans123456

evans123456 Well-Known Member

A dildo? I understand why they wouldn't let the rifle, But why would you bring that on??!!