1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Air Force BMT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by manny132, Apr 17, 2013.

1. manny132

manny132 Member

I don't really know if there is already a topic about this, if there is then mybad and pls ignore this.

Anyways.

Post Merge: [time]1366219387[/time]
    Anyways.

So I am of to BMT this Tuesday and just wanted to know if there is anyone here who has been on BMT.

-Just wanted to know if theres any tips about it . for example should i be active and offer myself to do the things or should i just stay quiet follow orders and keep it down?

TY ahead.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

my advice is follow orders and do your best not to get noticed.

3. manny132

manny132 Member

so just be like yes sir no sir etc keep down? sounds good with me xD

4. Reider

Reider Modereider

General rule of thumb: Nothing you're told will prepare you for the utter hell that is basic training.

Do what you can to avoid having your name remembered. If the MTI remembers your name prepare to catch hell. If you get to the end of your training and they're like "Who the fuck are you?" at your ceremony then congrats, you've succeeded on that front.

Also, you really should've shot for winter time for your BMT. It's gonna be hot as fuck down in Texas when you get there and they will make you wear those heavy ass uniforms. My condolences on that front.

The water sucks too. You'll be drinking a lot of it but once you get a few weeks in and they start letting you get stuff other than water at the cafeteria abuse it as much as you can.

As for things to look forward to? If you're in a non bunk bed you're likely gonna get your bed flipped on you in the middle of the night followed by the MTI who flipped you over bitching you out for being a sloppy piece of shit. If you're in a bunk bed, you'll likely get your covers tucked in so tight that you can't get out followed by your MTI screaming in your ear telling you to get out of bed and screaming at you more when you can't. There's a few other things they'll undoubtedly do to you but I never got those warnings so I feel it's only tradition to not mention them. Sleep is a rare commodity and you'll want to take advantage of a chance to get some whenever possible. Going to church on Sunday is great on this front if you're careful but god forbid if you get caught sleeping through it. =/

If you can make it through the high stress environment it eases up on you a fair bit. Good luck. I couldn't do it myself. =/

5. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Also remember that it's their job to break you.. Try not to take it personally because when you get there they have already decided who is going to be a dick and who is going to be likable. You will be fine as long as you do what your told and keep your head down. Don't give them a reaction other than yes sir and no sir and they will leave you alone.

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

You an instructor or something? :)