1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AIM vs. Windows Live Messenger

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Born2killx, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I noticed that all my classmates use AIM, but the more literate and mature people I know use Windows Live Messenger. What do you guys use, and why do you think it's better than the other? Me, I use Pidgin to do everything.

2. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

i use both: messenger for my friends back home in jamaica and AIM for my friends in america
    i prefer aim though, i have no reason though.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I use Windows Live Messenger now, as you can actually use your Yahoo! etc account with it, just gotta sign up for a passport. I used to use Trillian a lot before, the one with ICQ, Aim, Yahoo, and Hotmail messengers in one neat program. I hear Pidgin is just like Trillian, though I haven't used it.

4. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

I use trillian to manage it all now, I've had AIM since back in the day when it was the new cool thing for people and now need the hotmail IM for work. The others I was just bored one day and created profiles just to light up the colors. I also have a friend that uses Pidgin and it seems pretty good, it was the one that replaced GAIM right?

5. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I use Yahoo Messenger and Windows Live, depends on who I'm talking to, obviously. And I've been using Pidgin for the past year or so: great app. Now if only they added webcam/video support, and we're all set.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I use Yahoo and live, but I prefer Yahoo

7. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Pidgeon and Live, allthough im more used to Live since everyone uses it.

8. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Technically, the name is Pidgin.
    It's actually the same as Gaim, but because AOL didn't want them to use "Gaim", they were forced to change it to something else.

9. knoxus

knoxus Member

I'm using Trillian. The 'In The Dark' skin looks good next to my 'Aero Fox' skin for Mozilla and the black Vista taskbar. All I have to do now is add some IRC channels to Trillian and it will be both stylish and useful.

10. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

I use Trillian Pro, as it supports multiple logins of msn at the same time. Also, I like the small interface of Trillian and the lack of support for text replaced by images and buzzing windows.

11. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

I found out that pidgin showed my name i used almost a year ago on msn, while i downloaded it 2 months ago. In my name i had "{sick}" and apparently it was in my name still... I deleted pidgin because of it....

12. mekusho

mekusho Well-Known Member

Msn.
    But I tend to change my email a lot due to the fact that they all are filled with contacts.

13. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

MSN RULES EVERYTHING
    exxcept i havent tried aim, so...

14. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

I use Windows messenger frequently, never used AIM... Yahoo is the best and I like to use it.

15. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I like Live Messenger's interface best, it's clean and sleek.

16. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Yes, thats Microsoft's graphic exprience.