1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ahhhh my fish is green. Need Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drybones41, Jul 25, 2010.

1. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's in the right section but here we go.
    I have 4 platies (3 black tailed one. 1 yellow tail one)
    3 female guppies
    3 male guppies
    4 male black tuxedo guppies
    2 sucking loaches
    9 neon tetra's
    1 plec (Catfish)
    I read about sucking loaches like cucumbers so i put some in and the liked it so i left it for one day. The day after they ate the hole thing except the skin and i looked at the other fishes and they were green a bit on the fins. Is this normal? Is it a disease? or is it just the cucumber?
    All of them have been affected excapet the sucking loachs the black tailed platie's, the plec and some tetra's.

2. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Fish evolved from Cucumbers and still have similar genetics, I think that your fish is reverting back to a cucumber.

3. drybones41

What the. Theyre not reverting back to cucumbers. All i did is put a cucumbers in the tank so they can eat it. It could of stained the water. Not really sure.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

They most likely are. If you studied the fish genome like I did in super science school, then you would know.

But really, some fish just acquire the colors of food they eat. Cucumber's pigments are green, so they most likely ate it and acquired that pigment.

5. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

Man, that almost brought tears to my eyes.
    As for the fish, just put them in a frying pan, and have them with a serving of rice.Very nutritious!

6. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Lol, what Nex posted is full of win ;D

7. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Cooooool....Do you got a pic?

8. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

It should be normal ;D Why not try this test, boiled a carrot till it is soft and throw it it the tank. Wait one day after the fish has eaten the carrot and see if it has slightly red colour on the fins, if not your tank or your fish may have a problem. The tank one may be algae boom ;D

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, no, no. You fry them in beer batter and have them with a side of chips/fries.

10. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

WHAT!! I'm scottish and even I've never seen battered cucumber. The best course of action is to thinly slice it and place between to slices of bread.

11. rick4ever

rick4ever Well-Known Member

Be carefull, they didn't like the cumcumber, now they're frightened and have green camo, so you can't see them behind waterplants and they are going to attack you. Nah i'm just joking. BE SERIOUS PEOPLE, if there is something wrong with his fishes, and we are joking 'bout it, and the next day his fishes are dead, I would be very sad for nothing trying to save lifes. Just sayin'.

12. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

RUN RUN FAR WAY THEY ARE GREEN. you know what that means and you dont want to make them angry. what wait no it to late RUN RUN RUN.... they are not fish any more they are the FLUK!!!!!!!!!!

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

=\...

It's the Hulk.

[​IMG]

14. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

well they are fish ok and the hulk is a guy so i was thinking change the h to a f and use fulk :D

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I know. LOL

You put the FLUK. X3

16. drybones41

how did it go to green fish to cucumbers, to fried stuff, to green camo, to green fish, to the hulk then to the fluk?

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The fish are still green?

18. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

eat them they are like salty pickles

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Guppies are too small to eat...though I have like 50 in a 10 gallon tank. They're gross fish...

20. drybones41

They're still a bit green after a couple of weeks plus i some new fishies.
    1 gold koi
    1 Silver Shark
    1 Silver Arowana (Lung Fish)

One of my sucking loaches died.
    The arowana is ugly my dad wanted it so he bought it and put it in a seperate tank.
    The koi is with the neons and stuff.
    The Silver Shark is with the neons and stuff.