1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ahh, Dur, ESA...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doughboy, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doughboy

doughboy Guest

I say, talk to them in a civilized, proper, grown-up manner...
    Well... anyone down to tell the ESA what's, what?
    Yes, they do have a right to protect the gaming community and developers from pirating, but I believe that this site provides a good system which we can all agree works.
    try out the game> buy the game> we are all happy
    Well, give it a whirl if you think you have the balls...
    http://www.theesa.com/contact/index.asp

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Yep, this will definitely work

3. doughboy

doughboy Guest

I detect sarcasm...don't let them scare you...just cause they live near Washington :p ...
    If they respond with an angry backlash... THEN we can all assume they are all douchebags :D ...

4. frebels

frebels Well-Known Member

What the hell is esa

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

With the average IQ level of members of this site along with the epic amounts of nerd rage that initially resulted from the game removal, it's probably in people's best interests if they avoid sending what they believe to be sensible mail to the ESA.

6. frebels

frebels Well-Known Member

The roms will never be back.

7. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

It will be great

Title: 2 ESA u fuxers

SUbject: u need 2 stp tryin 2 take our free games u whores, pls dun b bitchs, we deserve free games u fuxing whores, romulation will win u all, in yo face, u never stopped us from posting games on the romulation forum, here is the link wat now bizes

8. doughboy

doughboy Guest

I never said I wanted the Roms back ::)
    I just want to ask them why they don't allow it and if we can all come to a compromise or are they just fat-angry-old men...sure they...
    Post Merge: [time]1290729201[/time]
    lol...
    If you guys must know, I have sent out an e-mail...wonder what they will do...
    Ignore maybe...but, if they don't it will be interesting.
    The alias I'm using has an avarage IQ
    ROM sites should be private and only invite people who they already know...and "know" they are not spies...

9. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Never a truer word has been said.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

complaining/talking to the ESA is pointless. They're just a bunch of lawyers who do as they're told.

11. doughboy

doughboy Guest

Then, who tells them what they must "do"?
    Lawyers, really?...
    I taught it was a company against pirating, who have all the gaming companies such as NIS America, NerveSoft, etc... linked by online Anti-Piracy watch if that company chooses to have this option.

12. Loonylion

the game publishers...

13. doughboy

doughboy Guest

ohh, right...I kinda taught that myself...

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Then why ask if you already know the answer?

15. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Because knowledge is POWER.
    I HAVE THE POWER-
    By the power of Greyskull.
    Damn She-Ra was hot...

16. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

Um yeah, honestly?
    Don't joke, mister.

You know more than 90% of us aren't going to buy the real game. Why would you logically buy a game AFTER you've beaten it, unless you're trying to show support for the company? It's not like Romu tailors all the roms into a quarter-game demo that makes you want to go out and buy it.

That argument ain't rubbin' it.

17. Loonylion

trying the game out is the intent of RomUlation. we don't cut the games because we have neither the skill nor the resources to do so.

18. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know it is. But intent =/= what people will do. ESA would never believe, or accept it.

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

If you download it, you won't buy it most likely. I know this for sure.

20. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Romulation could host local demos of games that the companies would send them, but then no one would download a 5 minute playable demo, now would they?

I still say they should allow amateur developers to put their games up here, so the rom U community can critique them. It might not be a long term solution, but it will keep the site afloat for the time being.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.