1. This forum is in read-only mode.

after effects

Discussion in 'Sports' started by dragneon007, Dec 16, 2009.

1. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

ok so I just got after effects and I'm just toying around with it, but if any of you know more about after effects I would greatly appreciate it if you could answer these two question for me

I imported my video from sony vegas onto after effects but theres no sound? and the video looks a bit more blurry? is that normal?

and my other question is lets say I made a fire effect and I want to use it for a video, do I import my video onto after effects to add the fire effect? or do I make the fire effect on after effects and then import that onto sony vegas?

thanks in advance ohh and if this is the wrong thread I'm sooo sorry and would appreciate the mod that would move this to the correct thread if its not suppose to be here since I'm assuming after effects would be in hobbies

again thank you

2. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

wrong site.

3. dragneon007

I was asking the RomU community just like people ask off topic things about anime and other hobbies so I do believe anime and other stuff on these forums are on the wrong site then? hmm... well again I'm going off topic with this and like I said anime and other related hobbies don't belong in a rom site either yet we see it because it is a hobby and many other people would post these things so in the end I don't get why your so mad?

again off topic but I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could answer this two things

Thanks in advance

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I've never used after effects, but I would guess the blurryness is at least in part quality loss when exporting the video to after effects. I would reccomend generating the effect and then importing it into sony vegas rather than importing the video into AE. If you must import the video then render a small segment (only what you need effects on) UNCOMPRESSED and import it. As for audio missing, if you rendered with audio and theres audio on the rendered file then I don't know whats happened, having never used AE it could be that it doesnt handle audio at all.

5. dragneon007

Hmm alright very much appreciated. I think I'll try importing it over to vegas, but I think it would be a pain trying to edit a fire effect and trying to get the effect to match the exact scene in the video on vegas.

EDITED*

Alright Thanks LoonyLion!

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you could put a framegrab from the video on a background track in AE to help with positioning. the effect itself should have mostly transparant frames so it just fits on a track overlayed over the video track in vegas.

7. flhardromer09

flhardromer09 Member

I HAVE used After Effects but do not have it, I don't know too much about it but I know some of the basics.

8. dragneon007

I toted around with it for a bit I haven't done anything serious yet, but speaking of the basics is it normal to have no sound or if a imported video gets more blurry? also what do you mean by the basics?