1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Advice for buying a Flash Cart - Realhotstuff.hk any good?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by obey_the_soapbubble, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I just bought a DS Lite and would like a flash cart to go with it, I live in New Zealand so I need to buy it from somewhere with international shipping.

Anyone have any recommendations for places to buy and type of cart?
    I would buy from TradeMe (NZ's version of ebay) but they only seem to have R4s and DSTTs and I've heard those aren't great, is this true?

Edit: Think I'm going to get a Acekard 2i probably from real hot stuff hk, anyone used them, if so how'd it go? http://www.realhotstuff.hk/Acekard-2i-_p_17.html

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

Re: Advice for buying a Flash Cart

either buy a supecard dstwo or an acekard 2i. check www.shoptemp.net it is not a site to buy carts but it is really useful since it tells you reliable sources to buy carts, the prices each have, reviews, and discounts the sites are having. so yeah, check it out

3. Re: Advice for buying a Flash Cart

Thanks, of the two which would you recommend?

4. doughboy

doughboy Guest

me, acekard2i from http://realhotstuff.com/
    in the quick find option, put acekard

5. iluvfupaburgers

yeah, acekard 2i is really good if you are tight on budget and just care in buying a flashcart to play nds roms. if you want the best around, get the supercard dstwo, it even has gba, dos emulators and capability to make ar codes but it is a little expensive. i personally use the acekard 2i and i love it. dont have any complain about it

6. doughboy

doughboy Guest

exactly...
    the supercard dstwo does have the option of gba, but i would say, acekard2i...
    it's up to you though...

7. Re: Advice for buying a Flash Cart

Yeah, looking at the price I think the acekard is the one I'll go with, is there a max size of the micro sd card that it reads? (I heard that some cards don't take larger than 2gb)

8. iluvfupaburgers

it says it supports 32gb, but im not sure of that. i know it supports 16gb because i use a 16gb card. which is a lot

9. Re: Advice for buying a Flash Cart

Excellent, that's as big as I could possibly want.

Thanks for all your help guys!

10. iluvfupaburgers

sure :) one thing though. once you get your acekard 2i. make sure you use akaio which is the fanmade firmware for the acekard 2i, which is better than the acekard firmware. everything you need to know about the acekard is here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=52218.0

11. Re: Advice for buying a Flash Cart

Okay!

On there it says something about loaders which are used to fix uncompatible games, are there many games that don't have fixes through the loaders or otherwise?

12. iluvfupaburgers

right now only pokemon black/white. those are the only two games that are not working. but im sure akaio team will release new loaders soon to fix those two games. acekard has something interesting which is the bypass antipiracy feature which lets you play games without fixing them. but pokemon right now beats that

13. Re: Advice for buying a Flash Cart

Awesome, thanks again for all the help!

14. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Most games require fixes since the A.P on games are becoming more popular and harder to fix. Though the acekard2i has AAP which can bypass some games.

15. Re: Advice for buying a Flash Cart

I've been using emulators for years so I know how it goes with AP, especially lately, if there are only two games without fixes at the moment that sounds pretty good to me (plus I'll actually be buying a copy of Black since I want the preorder bonuses) and the people on this forum are so great at providing info on getting them to work once a fix has been found I think I'll be fine C:

16. lewis9191

I thought there weren't a preorder bonus on pokemon black. Where you order it from ?

17. iluvfupaburgers

dunno if there is preorder bonus. but yeah, acekard is an amazing cart. and so far it has also been announced to be working on 3ds. so that is a huge plus in getting an acekard

18. Re: Advice for buying a Flash Cart

EB Games in New Zealand, pretty sure they're owned by gamestop so they should have something similar

[​IMG]

19. lewis9191

yeah there is various places including an art book, stylus, etc etc

20. Anyone used Realhotstuff.hk? Any problems or anything with them?