1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Advice about Scrafty on B/W

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by slapmeorelse, Jun 24, 2011.

1. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Gonna get it, 'cause it's uber. And popular on 4chan

Should I max out EV it's Attack and split 128 between the Defense and Sp. Def?

Or should I max EV its Def and Sp. Def and rely on Scrafty as a tank instead?

2. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

I would go max on attack and split on defense/sp. defense. That way he has good attack but can also take hits ok.
    Pick something like Hariyama or something else with high HP for tank

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

252 HP, 252 Atk. 6 Spe. No point in splitting EVs on Def and SpD, when HP covers both spectrums. That's why most tank builds just max HP instead of splitting EVs on the defenses.

Scrafty in general is not used as a tank. It should be just bulky enough though to get a Dragon Dance in and sweep.

Adamant nature if possible.

I personally like it for its typing and coverage, although I tend to struggle finding a spot for it on my team. It's played similar to a Gyarados, but is similar to Gallade with a setup move and Drain Punch.

4. koolenergy

koolenergy Well-Known Member

yep you should just focus on 252 atk 252 hp 4s pe, besides that scrafty has a 115 base def and Sp.d you wouldnt really need to focus on Eving it cause as it levels up its def is still bound to be high get shuckles for tanking its still the best for me or ferrothorn my 2nd best