1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Add Date/Time Stamp to COMMENTS

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by richard_brooksid, Jan 6, 2009.

1. richard_brooksid

richard_brooksid Well-Known Member

When ever I find a ROM I am interested in (or maybe one that has a curious title that I have no idea what it's about), I always check the COMMENTS tab (next to details) on the ROM selection page. Often I will see comments from people that will persuade my decision to either download or skip it. A date/time stamp would be helpful information as it would tell me how old a particular ROM is and if there is any recent interest in the game. Also, if/when someone says the ROM won't work without upgrading your carts OS, a date/time stamp from 6 months ago tells me that I won't have those problems since I'll know when I have upgraded my OS - helps to cut down on potential research.

Adding the date/time stamp to the ROM Download Search page would be helpful too. I like to know if a particular ROM is a new addition or more of a classic.

Thanks for listening to my suggestion.... Let me know if you have any questions.

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Already done on the new development version. :)

Comments are going to be much more awesome now, styled differently to be easier to read, relative post time for new comments (5 minutes ago, 3 hours ago etc) or just date if more than 24 hours. Comments will be editable for 5 minutes after being posted so you can correct typos and add stuff.

3. richard_brooksid

Excellent - sounds great! Of course the next question on everyones mind.....

When will dev become prod?

4. Seph

Whenever it's ready, but we're pushing very hard to update it and we're talking days here, not weeks.

Basically it's a rewrite of the most basic features (though improved usability!) with some of the things that was never used removed. Once it's up and ready we'll start working on new features again.

5. richard_brooksid

Thanks for the info and all the hard work; it is very much appreciated.

6. Seph

And it's up now, so do give thoughts on the new design in the news post, or here.

7. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

New design looks great. Everything seems much more organised. Thanks for the hard work RomU!!

8. richard_brooksid

Wow - that request didn't take long at all. Let see, I also would like to see an extra $1mill in my bank account, a job that pays me to eat cheetos.... well that could go on.

The changes look great! Thanks again for your hard work and dedication.....

9. Seph

Well to be fair we started a good few months before you made your suggestion. :)

Exactly because we had rushed the initial development some, this version has a much nicer registration process, for example the activate account page works better now when not logged in. Now that we've made sure our current features work nicely we're going to work on new ones.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Seph did send you the $1 million, but unfortunately the bank became insolvent so the payment was cancelled :p

11. richard_brooksid

Thats fine - my bank would have swallowed the payment anyway to account for all the NSF's and various bounced checks I've had since Christmas. So even though it would have been nice to zero out the negative balance and feel the hope of using an ATM before the decade is out, I can also say that I didn't even miss it...... ;)

12. richard_brooksid

I have a question about the new comments changes - I wasn't sure if I should post here (since it is a new request/addition) or in the Site Support section - so I picked the most logical choice; I posted this in both (sorry).

When I was posting a new comment on a new ROM, I received a message that said something like "...your post might have SMS language - if not, just repost...". Since I didn't have any SMS language in my comment, I just went to repost it but the formatting was different; multiple line-breaks were added through-out the paragraph. I removed those, reposted and got the same SMS warning. this time, I didn't remove any extra line breaks and it took (although will not appear for several minutes).

Did I do anything wrong or is that a glitch that will be worked out? Mind you that this is NOT a complaint - just wanted to make sure you guys know about it.

Thanks

13. Seph

Don't change the formatting, just resubmit it exactly as-is and it will go through. That said, I have been looking at alternative text boxes all day because the one we use now is horrible and bloated.

14. richard_brooksid

Ok, will do. Thanks.

Also, if it is any value, I did have two blocks of text highlighted with italics when it gave me the problem.

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

When will RomUbear (or the concept mascot) be on the main page?

Also, the screenshots of consoles for the old download category list really surprised me ;)