1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ACL sets up anti R18+ site

Discussion in 'General News' started by mds64, Nov 22, 2010.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6284373.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1

Now there is far too much to quote so that's all Im putting, here is the site...

http://www.makeastand.org.au/campaign/index.php?campaign_id=33

...Since I cant comment I cant voice my dissapoint, now this issue only affects Australian gamers.

Here is what i thought of the matter.

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

What happens now to the games that would originally get R18+ ratings there? I'm curious.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

As of now, the same thing that has been happening for years, the law hasn't been changed yet. I'm assuming it's still going underway, and is making progress towards the R18 rating since there's already group against it.

From what I see from the group's agenda, blegh.

Uncomfortable? That surely doesn't mean the same thing as disagree. Taking a look at their poll results show that their claims about most Australians being against it, is a crock of shit.

After reading that and their argument of the R18 debate, I doubt they'll do much but get the support and donations of those poor people who are clearly misguided or support their other campaigns. Doubt this will change anything tbh.

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

18+ seems fine for australia since it seems to be the only way for them to get uncensored and such games

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

They remain as they are :(

Also Nat, we did give the goverer general our opinion, our votes actually overcome some of the other decisions (which I forgot what it is...Ill find it later).

But they held it back, first they wanted MORE replies, then they said other issiues had to be considered (gay marrige being one...um wut?)

We have been getting stuffed around for long enough.

6. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I thought you guys had passed a Civil Union bill like us. Just saying.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I got no idea what that is, so I assume it's a no.

All I know is the last governer general incharge of the matter said he'd never let the R18+ in, the new guy is just dodging the damn issue all this time >_>
    Post Merge: [time]1290582061[/time]
    http://au.gamespot.com/news/6284500.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1

Finnally some support!

8. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

another reason why we dont need religion.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

A small reason but yes.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

funadmentalist christians aren't happy unless they have something to bitch and whine about. Whether its 18+ ratings, computer games, gays, female bishops or whatever.

11. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

The US has 18+ ratings. It's called M. Thankfully our ratings are recommendations only...f*** government.

12. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

In the US, M is 17+. I can legally purchase rated M games at the age of 17. AO is the 18+ rating for America. AO is Adults Only for anybody wondering.

13. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

Close enough.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Our M is 15+, our MA is restricted to 15+, we have an R18+ for movies but not for games...

Bastard goverment, THEY DO NOT SEE WHAT WE CAN GET DX

15. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

Surprised you know that term.

If you're wondering what I'm talking about, I mean DX.

16. yuanyelss

yuanyelss Guest

The same thing has happened for many years, the law has not changed. I assume it is still continuing, and are moving in the R18 rating has already been progress in IT group...

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I was waiting for him to fuck up again.