1. This forum is in read-only mode.

acekard2i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Forsakeen, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forsakeen

Forsakeen Active Member

Sup dudes

So heres the thing, i have a dsi currently on version 1.3E and i have an acekard 2i with the 4.16 firmware, my question is, if i update the acekard's firmware to 1.5 will it work with my dsi with the 1.3 version?

Thanks

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

As long as the DSI isn;t updated it's fine.

The card's firmware is just to make it work better :)

The dsi's firmware would render it useless...until acekard make the new update they been promising...

3. Forsakeen

Forsakeen Active Member

Thanks for the quick answer, updating my acekard atm.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No worries-btw-I'm a regular who owns an acekard so expect me jumping about XD

5. Forsakeen

Forsakeen Active Member

Updated it, worked right, gona play myself kh :)

Btw i noticed my games lost their saves, they are in my card but the games cant read it, anything i can do?
    I ain't an hardcore gamer, play for the lulz but loosing my final fantasy's saves is getting me pissed.

6. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

i don't have a acekard but someone in my group haves one, better tell him!

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

My brother is having a simerlar issues...he came in just before...

Try a trick-back up everything in your card-format the micro sd card-and put them back and see what the deal is.

8. Forsakeen

Forsakeen Active Member

Thing is for example i started a ff tactics and it created a new .sav file with the exact name as the one i had before the update, and i tried the backup thing, aint working, oh well guess i lost my uber saves

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It created a new sav?

Delete the old one via the card, and make sure it's EVERYTHING off the card, make it freash, and place it all back.

Prehaps the save type has changed-I have no idea-it happened to my brother-he deleted the wrong save :(

10. Forsakeen

Forsakeen Active Member

Guess it wasnt the EXACT name, while my old firmware created nameofthegame.nds.sav this one reads nameofthegame.sav, working alright, my saves are back :D

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

:D

I knew that would work-2 saves tend to conflict-my brother screwed up the deleting process so he has to start again for the 10th time in our 88 games.

(card got corrupted-now it has just 2-even lost a sd card trying to dump gta myself-but that's another story)

12. chosendark1

chosendark1 New Member

there is an option in AKAIO 1.5 to change the default save to .nds.sav or just .sav so you dont have to rename all the saves but its defaulted as .sav

13. Where are you guys seeing an option to save to .nds.sav? I don't see it in any where in the option menu. There is a "NDS + SAV" option though but that still doesn't solve the issue.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

In the rom options-press "Y" when a rom is highlighted.

If that fails I'll activly check mine-it's been awhile since I used it-it's my brother's now :)

15. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

you can name a .sav so that it works (example: old r4: .SAV, named it to: .sav and it worked on r4i upgr. so you can name it to whatever you want (hope that i solved the problem for you)) you can name it to .dat .sav .dopr .savexl and whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.