1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AceKard2i wont work on DSI

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by stevo_gti, Apr 12, 2011.

1. stevo_gti

stevo_gti New Member

hello everyone.

i bought a dsi with an acekard2i off ebay for my 5yr old daughter and not knowing i formatted the dsi and updated to v1.4 which stopped the ak2i from working.

i have followed the steps i found on here and updated the card on her old DSlite with no luck, any ideas how i could get it working?

thanks
    mark

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

go here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=52218.0

3. stevo_gti

stevo_gti New Member

thanks for the link but thats what i found the instructions on and had no luck.

this is what i followed -

FIXING SOME ISSUES

Updating Acekard to Work on DSi Firmware 1.4.1 (with pictures)
    You WILL need either a Nintendo DSLite or a Nintendo DSi with firmware 1.4 (flashcart has to be updated to work on 1.4 to update on DSi 1.4) or lower

1.Download the files needed to update: AceKard 2i firmware 1.4.1 - Direct Download

2.Extract, you get to files: ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds (if using a DSi) and ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds (if using a DSL)

3.Copy the one you need to the root (start) of the sd card

4.Plug your DS(i) to the charger (to avoid any problems if DS runs out of battery while doing the update)

5.on the start of the AKAIO menu, look for the file you copied and press (A)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

6.Start menu shows, read precautions. once done press (START)

7.Wait untill the progress bar reaches 100%. It will take a few minutes for this to finish

8.Once the Progress reaches 100%, it will tell you to reboot the DS

i updated the card on the DSlite to hopefully get it working on the DSI, was i right to put the DSI file from the rar on the card and run that on the DSlite?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no you should have used the .nds file.

5. stevo_gti

stevo_gti New Member

fixed it now thanks, i must have done something wrong the few times i tried it before as i tried both.

thanks for the help