1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard2i and Pokemon Compatability

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by cloverz7, May 13, 2012.

1. cloverz7

cloverz7 New Member

Last weekend I downloaded the latest Acekard and 3ds firmware and ever since then I've had two freezes. Both of them could be replicated, in Pokemon Black I got a freeze whenever my pokemon (A specific one, I tested others) hit 60. I tried my save on a different rom and it fixed it so that leads me to believe I just had a bad rom, but then I started to play pokemon gold. Now everytime I go to start a battle it snags. I'm downloading a new rom now to test, but I was just wondering if anyone else had been having any sort of issues with their pokemon snagging?

Could it just be both roms and It's just coincidental that both happened after I updated, or is it the new update on the Acekard?

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

What region of rom are you using? as Pokemon Black & White (E) was fixed in akaio

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

1. Format your SD card using the Panasonic SD Formatter 3.1
    2. Download my AceKard Package
    3. Copy the files from the AceKard Package to the root of your SD
    4. Run the card on a DS or DSi
    5. Select the '3DS 4.0, DSi 1.44 Patch - [DS Lite or DSi].nds' from the menu
    6. Follow the promps
    7. Reboot your DS and then insert your AK2i into the DSi
    8. Done. You are now able to use your AceKard and update to the DSi 1.4.4 firmware.

This process will fix most compatibility.
    If you want a bigger update:

1. Download the latest Loader Package.
    2. Extract and copy the files to the "__aio/loaders" directory.

That will fix pretty much everything. Enjoy.

4. tuna+egg

tuna+egg Member

@Aeither: What's the difference between your uploaded AceKard Package and the regular AKAIO firmware updates? Is it tuned for Pokemon Black/White? I'm asking because I'm playing Pokemon Black on a DSi with a non-updated Japanese firmware (1.3J I think), Acekard2i & SD formatted with the Panasonic formatter & updated AKAIO. I can play the game fine for the most part but it freezes on me regularly, notably when I rush navigating the Bag contents. I've managed the situation by saving as often as possible, but it would be nice if the game froze on me less.

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Mine is updated to the latest version of AKAIO, includes the latest loaders (from the time I made it), and has the patch.
    It just makes life easier for you, because you would need to go to seperate websites and download these files. It takes time.

So, not much difference, but enough difference to make life easier.

6. tuna+egg

tuna+egg Member

@Aeither: Got it. Thanks :)

@OP: Sorry for hijacking your thread!